Gaming Hello fellow creators!

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
My name is April (or as I'm more partial to on YouTube, Bush Baby), and my husband (Frienderman) and I started doing gaming videos together quite recently. I'm from New York originally but I moved to live with my husband in his home state of Alabama. I'm 31, he's 29, and we found freedom while looking for partnership options. I decided to join the forums so, of course, I could get help and try to pull together an awesome community of friends.

Aside from playing games, I personally enjoy writing and have aspirations of getting published with the fantasy novels I've written. I originally started YouTube because I needed something to break up my day of writing. Writing for nearly 8 hours a day started leaving me burned out, and I thought "why not make some video game friends by doing what I love AND hopefully earning some money toward getting my books published". Then I just really started liking doing Minecraft videos, and my husband and I started playing Diablo together for videos, and now we just have all SORTS of ideas we hope will help us grow an awesome community. My biggest dream is to make friends, to have people around me that can share in what I love, and to help contribute something to making our lives better. Even if I'm just earning a few dollars, at least I'm earning something, right? Book editing is expensive, and anything I could put toward that goal would be great. But I guess, over all, we just want to reach out and know other people who love the same things we do.

Our channel is a gaming channel, where we upload let's plays of the stuff we like to play. We do livestreams on Twitch, mostly of Minecraft, but sometimes of Final Fantasy 14. I have plans to post let's plays of Huniepop, Plague Inc. Evolved, and tons of other stuff that I genuinely just enjoy playing and I hope other people will enjoy too. We do Minecraft Live Streams on Sunday, upload Diablo 3 on Mondays, Upload the recorded stream from Sunday on Tuesday for anyone who missed it, Wednesday is free-play day where we just upload videos of anything we're enjoying at the time, Thursday is my husband's let's play day where he does stuff solo (first game he's going to be doing is Murdered Soul Suspect, which he's super into), Friday is my Minecraft Let's Play day, and we don't really have anything for Saturday but that's always open to change!

Our channel link is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRAQNFuNs7Aus2-1L4i87Kw We're really just starting out, trying hard to improve, but most of all just trying to have fun. And we really hope that others will have fun, too. Looking forward to being a part of Freedom (the link has yet to show up on my dash, but I hear that has been an issue) and learning from others!

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Kuway000

Freedom! Member
Oct 27, 2015
YouTube
Hello April! Welcome to the family!!! I hope you are able to meet lots of people here!!!

I hope you two are able to live your dreams!!! :)

Good luck on your writings too!!!

Reactions: Bush_Baby_Plays

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
Hello April! Welcome to the family!!! I hope you are able to meet lots of people here!!!

I hope you two are able to live your dreams!!! :)

Good luck on your writings too!!!

Thanks so much! Thankfully the confirmation showed up on our channel so we're officially partnered here! And I just put in for that cool partnered badge :D Hopefully we can make our channel great!

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
Welcome To The Community! :D

Its really awesome what you are doing guys , and i love your type of channels because its more of a community than just another gaming channel , and that is really what i target right on my channel , and its just great to see more of those types :D

However, i think that you should work on your videos more which really can help attract more subscribers and most importantly viewers to your channel , and that is by upgrading your video quality to the better , especially the audio which really can use some microphone upgrade , and i really recommend the Blue Snowball as a start , and also an audio editing software along with it to make it just clear and crisp.Moreover , i think that you should loosin up a little bit , and just enjoy your games like you enjoy them on normal days or hyper days or something , but just drop the too official commentary , and just have fun .. LOTS OF IT! :D. One more thing is to try to upgrade your graphics in the future [ Thumbnails , Banner , Logo ] because they can leave a great impression if they were good! :D

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU GUYS! ;D

Reactions: Bush_Baby_Plays

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
Yeah, audio is a real problem just because we have extremely limited options and no money to expand. We're living paycheck to paycheck right now so all we can really do is make do with what we have. Right now, that's PS4 share feature and occasionally windows 10 recording. We don't even have a decent editing software, we're going to have to get that next. We just end up having to work with the only headsets we can afford :< As for loosening up, I'm certainly trying. I'm not really a "hyper" sort of gamer. At least, not when I'm playing alone. When I'm with my husband and we're playing Diablo I feel a lot more at ease. When it comes to my Minecraft stuff, I pretty much do enjoy it the way I do when I'm not recording, lol. Things are just tough. We're trying to upgrade some stuff, but at the moment we just don't have the money to spend. But everyone starts somewhere :3

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
Ohhhhh thank you TwilightPrinze! I was actually wondering how that worked myself. I haven't had much time to comb the site, so many other things getting in the way with life lol.

Thanks, Koala_Steamed! I have the one I wrote recently up on a site called Wattpad, if anyone's ever heard of that lol. I've been using the site as a testing ground for it and to help get feedback and stuff on it, and so far it's been going well. So hopefully after the next revision I'm going to start agent-hunting.[DOUBLEPOST=1447516946][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi April, welcome to Freedom Family

Thank you, and you too!