YouTube Freedom has 2 spotlight series now :S

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
So a 2 weeks ago big C started another sptolight series called featured on freedom. and I think this is the dumbest thing ever. Dont understand me wrong I love it that he tries to help us really I do but freedom hub already has a spotlight series and the views for both of these shows are bad hell they are now competing with each other which only makes it worse. Please freedom bring at least these featured shows down to 1 because this isnt helping anybody.

TheKevit07

Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2015
YouTube
I don't quite get the whole spotlight thing in it's entirety, to be honest. Granted, there probably is a decent amount of people that AREN'T partnered with Freedom that are subbed to them, however the audience I've found it to appeal to is other Freedom members, which is FINE if they plan to collab with you in the future and enjoy watching your stuff. But for people like me, I got a full time job...so what free time I DO have, I'm trying to get footage made, then edited by the time I get my one day off a week to upload, so I'm on a tight schedule (couldn't collab even if I DID have the time, ping is at best 700).

I get what it does, but usually what happens is you get Freedom members that see your content...sub to you...expect you to sub back...and since you A) Don't realize they're part of Freedom and sub back (sorry guys/gals, I don't check who's subbed to me! Also sub4sub NEVER works!), or B) Check their content to give them feedback because of A, they will usually unsub a few days later. Sad thing is, it's gotten to the point of where I can predict who is in the Freedom network, and like clockwork, they unsub about 48 hours later.

Maybe that's just me, I dunno. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but if people could cut that out as well....subs are meant for people that will continue to watch your content...and pretty sure I've remained consistent with my work the past few months. My feelings won't be hurt if you just watch a few vids and lurk away like I sometimes do. When I sub to people, my problem is they'll have a spurt of uploads and stop for like 3 months (which I'm partly guilty of that myself, but mine is usually because of my stupid satellite internet allowing me to only upload like 3 videos a week).

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
I don't quite get the whole spotlight thing in it's entirety, to be honest. Granted, there probably is a decent amount of people that AREN'T partnered with Freedom that are subbed to them, however the audience I've found it to appeal to is other Freedom members, which is FINE if they plan to collab with you in the future and enjoy watching your stuff. But for people like me, I got a full time job...so what free time I DO have, I'm trying to get footage made, then edited by the time I get my one day off a week to upload, so I'm on a tight schedule (couldn't collab even if I DID have the time, ping is at best 700).

I get what it does, but usually what happens is you get Freedom members that see your content...sub to you...expect you to sub back...and since you A) Don't realize they're part of Freedom and sub back (sorry guys/gals, I don't check who's subbed to me! Also sub4sub NEVER works!), or B) Check their content to give them feedback because of A, they will usually unsub a few days later. Sad thing is, it's gotten to the point of where I can predict who is in the Freedom network, and like clockwork, they unsub about 48 hours later.

Maybe that's just me, I dunno. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but if people could cut that out as well....subs are meant for people that will continue to watch your content...and pretty sure I've remained consistent with my work the past few months. My feelings won't be hurt if you just watch a few vids and lurk away like I sometimes do. When I sub to people, my problem is they'll have a spurt of uploads and stop for like 3 months (which I'm partly guilty of that myself, but mine is usually because of my stupid satellite internet allowing me to only upload like 3 videos a week).
I agree with you and these vids mostly get 300 views which sounds like a lot but the freedom hub has over 100K subs so something is wrong.

Reactions: TheKevit07