Tips & Tricks Commentary?

Loyal Gaming

Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2016
Michigan
YouTube
I have the Blue Snowball mic and its pretty decent but when i just record and see if it sounds good and what not it sounds good but it just seems like it captures every little thing. like my parents would be in the other room not talking too loud and it picks it up. is there a way to edit that in sony vegas pro to cancel out background noise but still be able to hear me talking clearly? thanks. :)

JonathanNFLD

Rising User
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Honestly, i have the same mic, all i can say is to try to buy a pop filter, or even like, put up some posters and try to make your room sound proof almost, either that or just lower the volume its recording at! :)

Reactions: Loyal Gaming

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
i am not sure if this helps but try it if you want
1.Decrease the sensitivity of your mic(Some mics have the option to do so):it is very much possible that your mic has a default high sensitivity
2.Decrease the boost mic option through your PC....In my case i have to go to my realtek audio manager and reduce it from them
3.if all else fails try using noise reduction or noise removal in "Audacity" and hopefully
i hope it helps :)

Reactions: Loyal Gaming

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I have the Blue Snowball mic and its pretty decent but when i just record and see if it sounds good and what not it sounds good but it just seems like it captures every little thing. like my parents would be in the other room not talking too loud and it picks it up. is there a way to edit that in sony vegas pro to cancel out background noise but still be able to hear me talking clearly? thanks. :)
That's the issue with some microphones, background noise can be a real killer for some people. You can lower the sound in audacity, or to have gameplay background noise covering it up.

Loyal Gaming

Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2016
Michigan
YouTube
i am not sure if this helps but try it if you want
1.Decrease the sensitivity of your mic(Some mics have the option to do so):it is very much possible that your mic has a default high sensitivity
2.Decrease the boost mic option through your PC....In my case i have to go to my realtek audio manager and reduce it from them
3.if all else fails try using noise reduction or noise removal in "Audacity" and hopefully
i hope it helps :)
Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely try that out!

SparerCheese

New User
Apr 5, 2016
YouTube
What i do is i set up a little computer table and a small chair in my closet and record