• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Tom Cryer

Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I've been thinking for a while, I might do a channel review series on my channel, but I'm not sure how people would respond. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I don't want 'it depends on your channel audience', I was thinking you could just give your own opinion in the poll/replies.
Thanks for everything, -Tom

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I've been thinking for a while, I might do a channel review series on my channel, but I'm not sure how people would respond. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I don't want 'it depends on your channel audience', I was thinking you could just give your own opinion in the poll/replies.
Thanks for everything, -Tom
I think it'd be nice if you're able to stand out by doing them. If you have good points to make about the channels put a video of them in the promotion section and I'll definitely give it a watch!

Reactions: Tom Cryer

Tom Cryer

Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I think it'd be nice if you're able to stand out by doing them. If you have good points to make about the channels put a video of them in the promotion section and I'll definitely give it a watch!
okay, sounds awesome! thanks :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I think it would depend on how you get the other channels involved. If it requires a subscription then forget it, they'll vanish as soon as they get the review. Like a shoutout series, the people will watch because they want themselves to get featured. If it takes too long for them to get featured, they'll go off your channel, if they get featured on the channel, they'll go away because their wish is done.

It's not a very effective way of getting people to look at your regular content because it is likely quite different to a review series.

Reactions: Tom Cryer

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
If by channel review "series" you mean reviewing other peoples channels on video i think this is a bad idea. I dont see the point of it, and you wont gain anything from it yourself. People arent going to watch another persons channel get reviewed lets be realistic. You may get a couple of people watch it but i dont think it will catch on because it is only ever going to interest the person your reviewing. Thats just my opinion, i wouldnt see the interest in seeing a video about this. If you did it on movies or games or somthing else then sure great, otherwise no.

Tom Cryer

Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I think it would depend on how you get the other channels involved. If it requires a subscription then forget it, they'll vanish as soon as they get the review. Like a shoutout series, the people will watch because they want themselves to get featured. If it takes too long for them to get featured, they'll go off your channel, if they get featured on the channel, they'll go away because their wish is done.

It's not a very effective way of getting people to look at your regular content because it is likely quite different to a review series.
I agree. I was never going to ask for anything from anyone (apart from permission of course) and i was thinking of using the series as indirect tips for the people watching.[DOUBLEPOST=1487692780][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think yes!
Reviews help authors improve quality of their content
awesome, I'll definitely consider it :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I agree. I was never going to ask for anything from anyone (apart from permission of course) and i was thinking of using the series as indirect tips for the people watching.
I think that a better and more original alternative to this would be to do a How-To-YouTube tips series where you use the shortfalls of yourself and other creators as examples on how to improve, rather than a review series. Instead of indirectly marketing your content to the viewer who would like help with creating content, do it directly. Each video dedicated to a particular topic that you believe YouTubers may be having problems with, pointing out the don'ts, and moving on to show what they could do instead.

Knowing what not to do is a much more powerful step than knowing what to do but not how to do it.

Tom Cryer

Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I think that a better and more original alternative to this would be to do a How-To-YouTube tips series where you use the shortfalls of yourself and other creators as examples on how to improve, rather than a review series. Instead of indirectly marketing your content to the viewer who would like help with creating content, do it directly. Each video dedicated to a particular topic that you believe YouTubers may be having problems with, pointing out the don'ts, and moving on to show what they could do instead.

Knowing what not to do is a much more powerful step than knowing what to do but not how to do it.
thanks :) that's almost what I was thinking, but thanks for the extra help.