LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Hello Everyone,

So I've been Let's Playing for a while and I absolutely love it. The problem is that I'm having trouble growing my channel. I've read and watched tons and tons of guides and tried almost everything that they've said but nothing works. I'm beginning to think that it's just me. So I'm asking if people could go to my channel and take a look around and tell me what you honestly think. I don't care how bad it is, I'm asking for honestly. Tell me what stinks and what needs work. If you have advice for how to fix what's wrong please share it! You can give me the feedback via YouTube message, forum message, or reply to this thread.
Just a heads up, I haven't been uploading as often because I'm in college and busy with schoolwork so I've run out of most of my videos I had saved.
Thank you in advance and again be honest!
-Store

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I can be very hard to grow an LP channel even if you do everything right, sometimes you just have to get lucky. That being said I can see some things that you could improve on. The text on the thumbnails can't be read as it's way too small, if you can't read it then better just not having it at all. Only use a few key words if you do and make them huge so that they can be read at a glance. Also a lot of the thumbnails have black boarders, try to make sure all of them show all of the image. Better off cropping out that having extra black boarders.

For your channel intro, I found it was a little bit boring, instead of talking for 2 minutes you might be better off showing off some of your top moments to show what your channel is about. Also the mic kept clipping, sounding like you were talking a bit too close to it, that's quite a big distraction.

I'm sure there are lots of great things about your channel so sorry if this sounded harsh :D If you can fix those things up I think it could really help though. It is very hard to grow with so many people doing LPs, if you love doing it keep on at it though. Sometimes you just need to upload the right video at the right time and you can get thousands of views. Good luck with your channel :)

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
I can be very hard to grow an LP channel even if you do everything right, sometimes you just have to get lucky. That being said I can see some things that you could improve on. The text on the thumbnails can't be read as it's way too small, if you can't read it then better just not having it at all. Only use a few key words if you do and make them huge so that they can be read at a glance. Also a lot of the thumbnails have black boarders, try to make sure all of them show all of the image. Better off cropping out that having extra black boarders.

For your channel intro, I found it was a little bit boring, instead of talking for 2 minutes you might be better off showing off some of your top moments to show what your channel is about. Also the mic kept clipping, sounding like you were talking a bit too close to it, that's quite a big distraction.

I'm sure there are lots of great things about your channel so sorry if this sounded harsh :D If you can fix those things up I think it could really help though. It is very hard to grow with so many people doing LPs, if you love doing it keep on at it though. Sometimes you just need to upload the right video at the right time and you can get thousands of views. Good luck with your channel :)

No no, it wasn't harsh! Honest feedback is what I am looking for! If something is wrong that I want to know so that I can work on, change, or fix it.
I'm still trying to figure out what makes a good thumbnail so I've been working on those.
I've been working on a new channel intro lately so I'm working there!
I have realized that a LPing channel is hard to grow so I've been thinking about ways to expand into different areas. One of them being mod reviews.
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Reactions: Koala_Steamed