Tips & Tricks Biggest Mistake With Making a YouTube Channel!

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi freedomers,
I am here to set it straight, the biggest mistakes new creators make when starting YouTube.
I know a lot of people who make a new google account for their YouTube channel, and that is mostly fine but can make a lot of confusion. Most of us know that our channels are linked to Google plus. When we go on YouTube for the first time to make our channel we are faced with a box asking us to enter our first and last name. This is where it all falls apart. Noobs will almost always ignore the big button that says use a brand name and they will enter their channel name in the first and last name. This is making their channel on a Google plus profile instead of a page. when making channels you should create them on a page instead of a profile. To do this, if you already have a channel go to your icon up the top on YouTube, click the cogwheel, channel switcher and make a new channel. This is how you properly make a channel. If you don't already have a YouTube account you can either enter your first name and do the above or click on the button that says use a different name. If you make your channel on a page it will hurt in the long run but making it on a page will help in the long run. Making it on a page will also mean that you can add managers to your channel.
I know this is complicated and somewhat unclear but put simple your channel should be on a Google plus brand page not a profile.
I hope this sets it straight, and I know this is confusing and hard to understand but trust me, it pays off.