Tips & Tricks Any tips on promoting YouTube videos?

KukDooKoo.

New User
Jan 7, 2017
I have been on YouTube since one year, earlier I used to make gaming content but then my channel got banned so I started a new channel where I have started a comedy web series, I have uploaded the first episode and it's getting good response I think it is good but I am not able to get more views, any tips on how can I promote my videos.

I have already tried Reddit, Facebook.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Not that its any of my buisness but why did your previous channel get banned? As some reasons for YouTube / Adsense banning actually excludes you from making other channels to get around the ban, as well as exclusion from the adsense revenue scheme. While you are using other media outlets / promotional areas such as Reddit / Facebook are you really doing your best to promote this or are you just dumping the link to the videos?

I have found that if you take time to engage with a community then there is usually a much better response from the relating to videos then if you just shamelessly dump links in comments / threads (though I can't really prove that as I have never done the later). Also are you making the use of your meta data - such as tags and the videos descriptions, are you also filling in the location information when you upload, as this can help YouTube broadcast that particular video to people near you.

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
I have been on YouTube since one year, earlier I used to make gaming content but then my channel got banned so I started a new channel where I have started a comedy web series, I have uploaded the first episode and it's getting good response I think it is good but I am not able to get more views, any tips on how can I promote my videos.

I have already tried Reddit, Facebook.

As far as content try to let your body of work promote itself. serialization works wonders.

As far as promotion this really depends on your narrative and marketing strategy. I'd tell you a well rounded strategy is best. Something that I'd say is this list will help:
  • SEO - How do you want people to discover your content via search/related videos?
  • Social medias - Seek out the best narrative for each SM and audience.
  • Bake interaction into your content - Viewer suggestions, voting, Featuring them.
  • Tent poles - what outward promotion can you latch onto?