VLOG 4 years wasted

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
Over 4 years wasted on my "Deathlake " art and animation channel. No strikes or warning beforehand, they just terminated it. Appeal fell through.
Made a new channel " Madam deathlake" have to start from 0 subs and 0 watch time. Please do comment below if you have any suggestions, or suggestions on a better channel name! It would be much appreciated if anyone can look through my current description box on the re uploads for any feedback.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Please stop being so paranoid about YouTube's stuff. ;) They were dumb, no need for you to do stuff like just replying to X comments a day or to just not link stuff at all anymore. Keep using your channel normally, there's no need to mess around with every part of the YouTube TOS.

Just to clear stuff up I'm listing every rule you mentioned in the video and explain its actual meaning:
  • Video, channel, and comment spam: Spam is never good to be classified with a set number. Someone can post a huge ton of comments but they can all provide value so there's no need to call it spam. Video spam is for example templated content [1] or stuff leading you to scam sites, a Twitter link in a description is fine. Just don't make the focal point of the video be to lead people to another site and you're good.
  • Artificial traffic spam is something you got completely wrong. Posting your videos on Twitter, Facebook, Forums is something YouTube even wants, all this is about is you embedding it on sub4sub sites. Don't worry about this one.
  • Misleading Metadata is dumping your description and title with tags that don't apply to the content in order to game search algorithms. Just fill in tags with what the video is actually about and you won't get in trouble...
  • Misleading or racy thumbnails Read above point
Just get back to creating great content instead of trying to adhere to some dumb YouTube rules because that takes all the fun away ;) Also did you try reaching out to the festival organizer people to maybe send them new links to your entries? You might at least be able to get that fixed then...

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
Please stop being so paranoid about YouTube's stuff. ;) They were dumb, no need for you to do stuff like just replying to X comments a day or to just not link stuff at all anymore. Keep using your channel normally, there's no need to mess around with every part of the YouTube TOS.

Just to clear stuff up I'm listing every rule you mentioned in the video and explain its actual meaning:
  • Video, channel, and comment spam: Spam is never good to be classified with a set number. Someone can post a huge ton of comments but they can all provide value so there's no need to call it spam. Video spam is for example templated content [1] or stuff leading you to scam sites, a Twitter link in a description is fine. Just don't make the focal point of the video be to lead people to another site and you're good.
  • Artificial traffic spam is something you got completely wrong. Posting your videos on Twitter, Facebook, Forums is something YouTube even wants, all this is about is you embedding it on sub4sub sites. Don't worry about this one.
  • Misleading Metadata is dumping your description and title with tags that don't apply to the content in order to game search algorithms. Just fill in tags with what the video is actually about and you won't get in trouble...
  • Misleading or racy thumbnails Read above point
Just get back to creating great content instead of trying to adhere to some dumb YouTube rules because that takes all the fun away ;) Also did you try reaching out to the festival organizer people to maybe send them new links to your entries? You might at least be able to get that fixed then...
Thank you for the clarification and advice however I think they are trying to terminate my "Deathlake speaks" review channel too! this time they gave me a strike instead of completely terminating it. Not sure it triggered the system because was going through all my videos deleting the links and pasting in that my social media is in the about section. In the video of the screenshot I'm literally opening a can and drinking it D : think I'm going to just reupload some of the videos on the art channel for the time stamp and try to avoid commenting at all on youtube so they can't say I'm "spamming". Worse case scenero I'll just create the content that I did before that makes me happy but shove a phone in peoples faces in person showing them the content XD D :

Attachments

• 1 youtube speaks.JPG
    1 youtube speaks.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2 youtube video.JPG
    2 youtube video.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 3

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Thank you for the clarification and advice however I think they are trying to terminate my "Deathlake speaks" review channel too! this time they gave me a strike instead of completely terminating it. Not sure it triggered the system because was going through all my videos deleting the links and pasting in that my social media is in the about section. In the video of the screenshot I'm literally opening a can and drinking it D : think I'm going to just reupload some of the videos on the art channel for the time stamp and try to avoid commenting at all on youtube so they can't say I'm "spamming". Worse case scenero I'll just create the content that I did before that makes me happy but shove a phone in peoples faces in person showing them the content XD D :
Appeal that and as dumb as it sounds try changing the "drinking" in the title to "consuming", might be one of their dumb filters again trying to go after alcohol consumption on the site... Oh and again there's nothing to do with comments here, keep commenting on videos normally...

After looking at it again it might be YouTube just hating ASMR because of the very thin line to repetitive, templated content. In their eyes it's videos without any editing effort put into them that you could just dump out at high velocity with templated metadata. My guess for why your channel was nuked would be because they found a bunch of ASMR content, decided it was templated content and the main focus of your channel so they just shut the whole channel down.

So what's to be done about it? Uhm... not a lot honestly. Stop creating ASMR videos? Probably your best bet...

Oh and also I subscribed to your new channel and I wanted to tell you one thing:
upload_2018-6-24_10-46-25.png
You're getting pretty close to burst uploading here which YouTube loves terminating without looking at the content, especially on a new channel. I'd watch out there...

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
Appeal that and as dumb as it sounds try changing the "drinking" in the title to "consuming", might be one of their dumb filters again trying to go after alcohol consumption on the site... Oh and again there's nothing to do with comments here, keep commenting on videos normally...

After looking at it again it might be YouTube just hating ASMR because of the very thin line to repetitive, templated content. In their eyes it's videos without any editing effort put into them that you could just dump out at high velocity with templated metadata. My guess for why your channel was nuked would be because they found a bunch of ASMR content, decided it was templated content and the main focus of your channel so they just shut the whole channel down.

So what's to be done about it? Uhm... not a lot honestly. Stop creating ASMR videos? Probably your best bet...

Oh and also I subscribed to your new channel and I wanted to tell you one thing:
View attachment 20226
You're getting pretty close to burst uploading here which YouTube loves terminating without looking at the content, especially on a new channel. I'd watch out there...
Thank you for your advice might try to scale back and re upload every 8 - 12 hours, . get rid of all the asmr titles. If I where to make ASMR videos I'll probably just avoid naming it asmr and post it to asmr Facebook groups instead. Had heard from ASMR-ists that many of their videos was wrongfully age restricted because some people see it as a "fetish" guessing youtube is taking that extra step to terminate them now.