YouTube Goals and Motivations for Youtube!

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Hey guys! My name is Alice or ALittleLost if you know me by my online name!
I was sitting around this afternoon thinking about Youtube and what my motivation is for continuing to make videos and what my goals are, both short and long term.

Firstly, motivation! How do you stay motivated to keep doing videos if there's just no channel traffic, no comments, little likes and your sub count isn't moving?
I've always found it very hard to keep up moral and motivation when my channel just doesn't seem to be shifting, like why am I doing this? And, I think that, if you really like doing it, then it's easy to keep going and you don't find it as disheartening when your channel doesn't grow as fast as you would like it to! But what about you guys? How do you stay motivated to keep making videos and pushing out content?

Secondly, goals! What are your goals for your channel, short and long term?
Wow, I've thought a lot about potential goals, my first goal is 400 subs, I started my channel fresh so currently I'm only sitting on 19 hahaha, but gotta start somewhere!
Also hitting 10k views is now a big must for me in order to get seen and viewed as a liable youtuber!
Long term goals are a bit of a difficult one, because I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get famous or what not, but like 1000 would deffo be a bit step for me and that's deff something I want to achieve! I'd like to be known for making videos and really doing something that I love and something that makes me happy.
So what about you guys? What are your short and long term goals for your channels?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony Shonaman

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
My long term goal for this year is to get around 100 subs on my channel, its not impossible but I need to keep at it and prep lots of pre-recorded videos for when I start University as I want to focus on that when I get there. as for short term, well I don't really have any right now, I'm mainly focusing on giving more to the Freedom community via the C.R.I.B and to other content creators. I'd like to get TF2 Shenanigans #2 done in the next few months though so I guess that's a good goal to get :)

Reactions: Gaara406

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
My long term goal for this year is to get around 100 subs on my channel, its not impossible but I need to keep at it and prep lots of pre-recorded videos for when I start University as I want to focus on that when I get there. as for short term, well I don't really have any right now, I'm mainly focusing on giving more to the Freedom community via the C.R.I.B and to other content creators. I'd like to get TF2 Shenanigans #2 done in the next few months though so I guess that's a good goal to get :)
Got some decent goals then! Stick to it :)

Reactions: Jonathan

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't have a particular goal. I have the feeling that if I were to set a goal, it would dehumanize the aspect of people subscribing and interacting with my channel.

Let's say I hypothetically set a goal to 1000 subscribers, setting that goal would turn it from the idea of 1000 people subscribing to an individual gaining 1000 of this thing, without any sense of humanity attached to it. When I see people blurt off "I hit ____ subscribers" in the milestones section, that's a sign they are quantifying subscribers rather than qualitatively observing their growth. To bridge this, people often mould the individual into a group. Creating a name for them such as PewDiePie's "Bro Army", it makes it easier to manage, prevents quantification, and allows for the observation of "What does this body, this group, insist I create?" and forces an action-reaction mindset.

Rvcboy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 20, 2016
Estonia
YouTube
My motivator is to see how my video does after creating it, scheduling it and letting it go live - usually the stats aren't great, but I live with the sentence "I have no point of doing this like a full-time content creator." and just crack a smile if the video has 10 views and average watch time of 4-5 minutes :)

Reactions: KeithExplores

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
What I do in my channel is make my own show of a game in hopes that someone might watch it and have a good time and basically I love commentating on videos so that actually makes me motivated....also its like showing my version of the game/show so it feels good because I had to think about what to do and what not to do

Y

YourSimpleGamer

I have a goal of earning at least 20 subs currently, and a long term would be for 100 subs. But a motivation is to keep trying, learning and hearing feedback on the channel. Im motivated by my friend how taught me how to start on youtube and lean some of the ropes

DanbroUK

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2015
YouTube
My motivation is all the people who are already subscribed they did so for a reason so i cant let them down. Also i enjoy making the videos and hearing from people who enjoyed watching them it feels like a real sense of achevment.

Sure you have dry spells here and there but its persistants and hard work that keeps you growing and growing.

As for goals i dont see them as important as the videos i put out. Dont get me wrong they are good to have and it is something to aim for and also keep you motivated. Saying that though i prefer to think of it as, as long as i keep pumping out loads of good content the crowds will come.

Anyways thats just my opinions hope it helps :D

EmperorFun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2017
YouTube
Kaiser_Spass
My Motivation is that I really love to game and even if there are little views and so on, I still can share that love with the few people who watch it

As for goals short term get to a stable 200 Subs and grow from there.

DanbroUK is right goals are not as important than the videos you put out because if the videos are good i think over long or short you will reach your goals

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
It's interesting seeing everyone's different views, goals and motivations. I don't think there's anything wrong with goals as long as you don't lose sight of why you're actually doing youtube. If you're doing it just to get numbers, it's probably not a very good idea and you're only going to disappoint yourself if it doesn't work out, having said that aiming for numbers can also be very rewarding. And if your content is good and you love what you're doing, you'll end up being rewarded anyway :)

Reactions: EmperorFun

Mr Grim

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Swansea
YouTube
swanseajack999
My goal is to be on 200 sub's by the end of this year so I should get there. The best thing about me doing YouTube videos is watching my 3 year old son watching my content and trying his best to copy me. He's always walking around saying "Hi guys Mr Grim here" and just that makes it all worth it in my eyes.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey guys! My name is Alice or ALittleLost if you know me by my online name!
I was sitting around this afternoon thinking about Youtube and what my motivation is for continuing to make videos and what my goals are, both short and long term.

Firstly, motivation! How do you stay motivated to keep doing videos if there's just no channel traffic, no comments, little likes and your sub count isn't moving?
I've always found it very hard to keep up moral and motivation when my channel just doesn't seem to be shifting, like why am I doing this? And, I think that, if you really like doing it, then it's easy to keep going and you don't find it as disheartening when your channel doesn't grow as fast as you would like it to! But what about you guys? How do you stay motivated to keep making videos and pushing out content?

Secondly, goals! What are your goals for your channel, short and long term?
Wow, I've thought a lot about potential goals, my first goal is 400 subs, I started my channel fresh so currently I'm only sitting on 19 hahaha, but gotta start somewhere!
Also hitting 10k views is now a big must for me in order to get seen and viewed as a liable youtuber!
Long term goals are a bit of a difficult one, because I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get famous or what not, but like 1000 would deffo be a bit step for me and that's deff something I want to achieve! I'd like to be known for making videos and really doing something that I love and something that makes me happy.
So what about you guys? What are your short and long term goals for your channels?!
For me it is actually short and simple. I just love gaming and to share that moments with others leading to meeting new people to possibly co-op with is just wonderfull. That is my motivation to keep going :)

Corbin Lloyd

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2017
YouTube
Corbanski
I don't think I have many goals, but my main motivation is just to make people laugh in anyway. As a stand up comedian that is my goal. If i tell a bad joke and you laugh because you think I' no good well then my job is done. i set out to make you feel better, and if you have to laugh at me to do that then so be it. I can take it.

Billy AngelWing

May 1, 2017
YouTube
I'm hoping to reach about 100 subs by the end of year. I want to give all of my subscribers great content. I want to be able to communicate well with my subscribers to find out what they want to make my channel better. And of course,I'm hoping to make some friends on the way. To help each other builds some good channels. We're the next generation of youtubers haha.