pinaypencilart

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Obviously the solution for me won't be the same as what works for you, but it's something to think about.

My youtube name is as you see it here. PinayPencilArt. My title and sometimes description of my videos previously contained this name. My tags contained it as well. Just to be safe, I also removed a few other tags like Filipina, etc.

Seems kinda crazy right.

No flags on these videos.

It's not proof, but it's definitely an interesting result.

Here's what it looked like before:

The lesson to take away here is...look very, VERY carefully at your titles, tags, and descriptions. Troubleshoot them like you would anything else. Remove a few, see what happens. If no change, put those back and take a few more. Etc. You'll figure out what's causing your demonetizations.

Seems to have worked for me. I'll update if I figure anything else out about this ridiculous nonsense.

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Thank you for sharing your experience, this is an issue many people have been troubleshooting and dealing with. The more people talk about how it affects them, the closer to understanding the system we all become. (y) (Y)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As previously mention on other threads regarding this, the YouTube algoritm does look at your tags, and descriptions (basically any meta-data provided) and uses this to determine whether or not your video is available for all advertisers. It's definitely not perfect but with a bit of practise finding the right tags, and finding things that won't flag up then you should be fine

Reactions: Ashley SilverDust

Rhan

Nov 2, 2017
Reach
YouTube
This is good to know. This stuff has been happening to our channel as well and we weren't sure how to fix it. Thanks again!

NewSpark

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2016
YouTube
For me a lot of my videos were flagged as well, (probably cuz a lot of them are funny moments and we curse at times which apparently is a sin on youtube now) but then i wont change anything about them, they've literally been unflagged for no reason
granted, a few are still flagged but not as many as before its really weird.