Subcribers names idea

G

Gods of Odds

I was wondering what I should call my subscribers and what I mean is for example pewdiepie calls his subscribers bros and other may call their subscribers something else. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could call mine?

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I was wondering what I should call my subscribers and what I mean is for example pewdiepie calls his subscribers bros and other may call their subscribers something else. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could call mine?
Maybe you could call them friends to envelope a feeling of closeness. You want to be as personal as you can with them without being too overbearing.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed
G

Gods of Odds

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. You don't have a big following right now anyways, so it's best to keep it as personal as possible. Don't overthink it
Good point, thanks for the help. I'll just keep it as it is for now.

G

Gods of Odds

This might be just me, but it kind of annoys me when channels do this. Probably best to call them subs/friends as the others have said, if your fans make up a name for themselves then you can call them that :)
Fair enough, I do actually agree with you, I just didn't know if it was something that everyone does or not.

ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair
I've seen a few different examples from this and sometimes it seems natural (Like Pewds and his "bros") sometimes it also seems forced. I think if subscribers want to call themselves something, they'll figure it out themselves. Word gets around with fans. I always thought it'd sound awkward to give my subs a "title" (that is, unless they actually requested me to) Just keep to "friends" for now : )

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite

I haven't really thought about this before but I call my subs "guys" I start all my videos with "Hi guys".

Fred is right, just call them friends or whatever you refer to your mates as.

Pewdiepie will call his mates, his bros and all his subs are his friends so therefore they are his bros.

G

Gods of Odds

I've seen a few different examples from this and sometimes it seems natural (Like Pewds and his "bros") sometimes it also seems forced. I think if subscribers want to call themselves something, they'll figure it out themselves. Word gets around with fans. I always thought it'd sound awkward to give my subs a "title" (that is, unless they actually requested me to) Just keep to "friends" for now : )
Ok thanks.
I haven't really thought about this before but I call my subs "guys" I start all my videos with "Hi guys".

Fred is right, just call them friends or whatever you refer to your mates as.

Pewdiepie will call his mates, his bros and all his subs are his friends so therefore they are his bros.
Ok thanks, I will just keep to friends.

Reactions: Jac Morton

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
If you have a theme to your YouTube, then go along with that!

I'm a huge Firefly fan. At the end of my videos, I always say "Stay Shiny" (Stay Awesome).
So I call my subscribers my fireflies because they light up my world. :D

Reactions: ThatNerdWithTheHair
G

Gods of Odds

I'm a huge Firefly fan. At the end of my videos, I always say "Stay Shiny" (Stay Awesome).
Nice, i'm also a fan of firefly and things like Star Trek or just anything like that.
You should call them "People that made a subscription to my content" very unique.
Fair enough.

Reactions: Enmoshin

ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair

Oh, I love that! I'm also a firefly nerd, and "Fireflies" is so cute! (If you don't already have it, you should get the "Stay Shiny" tee from thinkgeek!)