Problems of resolution while recording

ajaxinx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
YouTube
Hi!
I'm posting this thread because i would like to upload videos of old games(Wii, Ps2, Psx and Gamecube) but i have a problem with the resolution of the captured footage and i would like to know you're opinion about it. The thing is that with my capture device the video has a very strange resolution because i had to upscale the resolution with and HDMI adapter since my capture device only has HDMI ports and the final video has two black bars at each side of it and i haven't discovered how to erase them, if you were to watch a video with those black bars would you find it annoying? Does any of you know how to erase the black bars(my editing program is sony vegas)?
Thanks for reading!

illumANark

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 4, 2015
You could fill in the space with bars that are with information where certain info can be found in your videos, and if you can make them clickable so people can jump to a specific point and you still get views, since no one has fill 100% watch time but giving people a way to advance to the material they really want to watch will respect their time, and allow you to get more watch time and higher CPM

ajaxinx

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 17, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
YouTube
Thanks for the answers!! I'm not sure if the problem is my device but since i don't have the money to buy a better one i think i'll take you're advice illumANark even thoug i'll have to investigate how to do that since i have no clue of how to do it.

Reactions: Prology

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Thanks for the answers!! I'm not sure if the problem is my device but since i don't have the money to buy a better one i think i'll take you're advice illumANark even thoug i'll have to investigate how to do that since i have no clue of how to do it.

no problem I hope you find a solution :)