pitch up the audio to avoid any copyright issues?

ohgollygeewhiz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
Another great song from the amazing Demi Lovato! Really up-beat and catchy!
Had to pitch up the audio to avoid any copyright issues.

i saw that on a review, is that allowed? and we're able to monetize it? while they music is playing?

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
well. that is a tricky one to answer. most music do not want people to upload. but there some music you can upload without copyright mark. see your freedom, there is a big list music you can use that will not get you a mark and plus can be monetize. but i am sure there is rule on it. if i recall right, you can use it as blog. not sure on product reviews. someone can help[ you on rule. i just give you link where you can see list on music that freedom can use. any music mark freedom is ok. http://positionmusic.com/

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Ya, it's not something you should do if you value your channel. As @Hail Kira has pointed out, it only bypasses the automated detecting system. In other words, it's a loop hole. Besides that, it's still copyright infringement regardless. I would imagine your channel wouldn't even get a warning and just be shut down because you purposefully tried to get passed their systems.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
i agree with everyone here. dont try it your self. system id will pick it up. it can take 1sc to lock on. it may take 1yr. how i know this. i use a song that from audio swap. it never got flag for 1yr. youtube system pick it up after 1 yr. video remind up and was limited on what place can see it. i was lucky it was only audio swap. if that been any other music. my channel will have been done by now. be smart and dont try it!!!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
In one word: Don't.

In 36 Words: It is against the YouTube terms of service to modify music to trick or avoid the copyright recognition system. By doing so you put your channel at risk of being completely closed due to copyright violations.

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
Do NOT do that!

It's still copyrighted material & trying to bypass that and make you money of it can result you in losing your channel forever & not being allowed to make more channels! (Basically banning you from Youtube forever)

So please be careful with your channel! :)

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
how do those people earn anything when all they're doing are reviews, such as music, or shows?
I've never heard of anyone reviewing music... but if you want to do that there are lots of music options you can you in various freedom music catalogues.
Reviewing shows is tricky... I wouldn't use any footage, you may be able to get away with screen shots of parts you want to talk about though... but video clips can get you in trouble sometimes