Is Freedom! really the best MCN?

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Personally this network is getting the job done for me at the moment and I especially enjoy being part of this community and meeting other people with my same struggle: the struggle to build up a channel from nothing into something. The struggle of the small time YouTuber. To me that is the biggest appeal of Freedom. However what do you think? I've never been with another network so it's hard for me to compare. If you're here it's for a reason. It's either your first network, like it is for me, or you bailed on another one to come here. So I'm wondering especially for the people who bailed, why did you leave your old network? Is Freedom really better than it and why? For the people new to this, same as me, why did you choose this network over others specifically? Had you heard bad things about other networks? Had you heard exceptionally good things about Freedom? These are the things that I'm wondering.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
When i began my journey with youtube i got messages from a diverse range of networks with Freedom being one of them. I searched the web for information and compared the different offers i got and decided to go with Freedom. After a couple months i joined the forums and got to know some new people wich was a fun experience and decided to come back here on regular basis. They announced MGN the sub-network for gamers and after a while i switched over, became active on the forums and wanted to make a change and got to know Alex better and became Moderator. The network listens to his members and some of my ideas got implented into the network and forums, now after a good year the network is building up to be something amazing where gamers feel home at. I have been with Freedom now for 2 years and never had the urge to go into other offers networks made me. I like the no lock-in, the community and its people and find the MGN network has a lot of potential to become something great.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
When i began my journey with youtube i got messages from a diverse range of networks with Freedom being one of them. I searched the web for information and compared the different offers i got and decided to go with Freedom. After a couple months i joined the forums and got to know some new people wich was a fun experience and decided to come back here on regular basis. They announced MGN the sub-network for gamers and after a while i switched over, became active on the forums and wanted to make a change and got to know Alex better and became Moderator. The network listens to his members and some of my ideas got implented into the network and forums, now after a good year the network is building up to be something amazing where gamers feel home at. I have been with Freedom now for 2 years and never had the urge to go into other offers networks made me. I like the no lock-in, the community and its people and find the MGN network has a lot of potential to become something great.
Yeah, it sounds like you have a really good history here, that's great. I feel the same in a lot of ways, especially about the community and the no lock-in. That was probably the biggest reason as to why I chose Freedom originally. I thought to myself, well if I don't like it, I can always leave :3

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yeah, it sounds like you have a really good history here, that's great. I feel the same in a lot of ways, especially about the community and the no lock-in. That was probably the biggest reason as to why I chose Freedom originally. I thought to myself, well if I don't like it, I can always leave :3
True story, i recently got a invite to join VOUStudios and when you compare at first glance you would think they are better as they offer more and give 90% revenue but it always feels like there is a snake in the grass with such networks. With Freedom i don't have that feeling wich is also the reason why i haven't replied to offers i have been made. Truth is they sound attractive but still i don't leave freedom for it.

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
So far, I'm loving it (Mcdonalds quote?), and so far it is helping in the long run. Both educationally and view/subcounts, and since in the past I've gotten past network offers, usually compared them to freedom, freedom wins. (For example, got VOUstudios,Random UK Networks, due to my name, and plenty others).
That and the community in Freedom is active and kind, and usually willing to help regardless the issue. But as for other networks out there, I'm not sure as I've yet to see what they offer. Though personally, I think Freedom! suits what I'm doing for my future in Youtube.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
From what I know, the knowledge I have gained about this an other networks over the past year and a half, is that this is the best network for new and budding channels. Although when the channel begins to grow and actually become a blip on the YouTube radar or a place to visit on the YouTube map, then it might actually be worth switching networks to one that offers more lucrative deals and sponsorships. But that's only for when a channel outgrows this network's capability to sate the desires of the channel owner.

It is very fair to say that [for some channels] this network will sate their needs of payment and that'd be all they need. Anything else could be done by people contacting them.

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
I enjoy my time with Freedom! and I've been a partner with them for almost 2 years. The network really helps me improve my content quality, learn more of SEO's, and provide useful tools to put me right on track.

As for the messages I've gotten from other networks, I absolutely love how they keep telling me that they offer, and I quote, "...a higher revenue cut than your current network you're partnered with", because they don't know that I actually have 95% revenue share since I won the MGN Sponsorships when it was up back then. So, it amuses me to see the numbers they give me that are lower than 95%.

Reactions: All Games Must Die

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
True story, i recently got a invite to join VOUStudios and when you compare at first glance you would think they are better as they offer more and give 90% revenue but it always feels like there is a snake in the grass with such networks. With Freedom i don't have that feeling wich is also the reason why i haven't replied to offers i have been made. Truth is they sound attractive but still i don't leave freedom for it.
Yeah I've gotten emails like that as well and always wonder to myself, what's the catch?

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
So far, I'm loving it (Mcdonalds quote?), and so far it is helping in the long run. Both educationally and view/subcounts, and since in the past I've gotten past network offers, usually compared them to freedom, freedom wins. (For example, got VOUstudios,Random UK Networks, due to my name, and plenty others).
That and the community in Freedom is active and kind, and usually willing to help regardless the issue. But as for other networks out there, I'm not sure as I've yet to see what they offer. Though personally, I think Freedom! suits what I'm doing for my future in Youtube.
Yes, things just seem quite healthy here for the most part. I don't feel like I have to worry about getting scammed or something.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
From what I know, the knowledge I have gained about this an other networks over the past year and a half, is that this is the best network for new and budding channels. Although when the channel begins to grow and actually become a blip on the YouTube radar or a place to visit on the YouTube map, then it might actually be worth switching networks to one that offers more lucrative deals and sponsorships. But that's only for when a channel outgrows this network's capability to sate the desires of the channel owner.

It is very fair to say that [for some channels] this network will sate their needs of payment and that'd be all they need. Anything else could be done by people contacting them.
Yeah I agree, I think Freedom is a good place to grow but I wont lie, once my channel gets to a certain point I would "shop around". I just think that's for our benefit. We have to understand at the end of the day, Freedom is a business so they're watching out for their best interests, we have to do the same.

Reactions: Nolan Westmore

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yeah I've gotten emails like that as well and always wonder to myself, what's the catch?
Exactly, for some reason i don't trust it. Offers like that bound to have a catch to it. With Freedom having a No-lock and such i feel more comfortable as i don't feel chained.