I'm moving to Tokyo, Japan in a few weeks. Any ideas for vlogs?

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I'm leaving the United States for good in a few weeks and moving to Tokyo, Japan. I've already started a new channel called, Ken The Road Warrior, that will be a Jvlogging channel as they are called in case you're unfamiliar with the term. It will be a channel about the true and gritty side of Tokyo and Japan as a whole. However, what I wanted to ask is this. If you are interested in content like this, what is it that you would like to see from a channel like this? What would have you coming back for more?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I remember a youtuber i used to watch did that... I cant remember who it was...
oh... maybe game theory or gaijin goomba... i think it was him... you might find some good ideas from him...

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I'm leaving the United States for good in a few weeks and moving to Tokyo, Japan. I've already started a new channel called, Ken The Road Warrior, that will be a Jvlogging channel as they are called in case you're unfamiliar with the term. It will be a channel about the true and gritty side of Tokyo and Japan as a whole. However, what I wanted to ask is this. If you are interested in content like this, what is it that you would like to see from a channel like this? What would have you coming back for more?
Differences in culture, possibly showing some spots that us Americans would never see in our neck of the woods ^^ Maybe you can interview some people that speak English too?

Reactions: All Games Must Die

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Differences in culture, possibly showing some spots that us Americans would never see in our neck of the woods ^^ Maybe you can interview some people that speak English too?
Hmm, that's actually a great idea. I did actually want to interview some Japanese but I kept thinking my Japanese wasn't good enough. I'm such an idiot I forgot that there are plenty of Japanese that speak at least decent English. In fact I spoke to a bunch of them when I went in October so I don't know why I didn't think of that possibility. Thanks for the great ideas. I want to be the top Jvlogger but I have a long ways to go to get to that point.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hmm, that's actually a great idea. I did actually want to interview some Japanese but I kept thinking my Japanese wasn't good enough. I'm such an idiot I forgot that there are plenty of Japanese that speak at least decent English. In fact I spoke to a bunch of them when I went in October so I don't know why I didn't think of that possibility. Thanks for the great ideas. I want to be the top Jvlogger but I have a long ways to go to get to that point.
Hah, it's all good. We get excited about doing something fancy, and we forget the smaller ideas ^^ And no problem at all, I'm glad my suggestion magically worked out in the end for you. I hope your Jvlogging goes fantastically in the future!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Food reviews is a good idea too... thats another genre in itself... there are actually quite a few foodie channels in canada and usa...

If you could get yourself a comment from daym drops or ken domick you could do really well.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Food reviews is a good idea too... thats another genre in itself... there are actually quite a few foodie channels in canada and usa...

If you could get yourself a comment from daym drops or ken domick you could do really well.
Yes I think food will be a huge part of my channel actually. I have to remind myself of the types of Jvlogging that I like and I too always love food videos really from anywhere. Yeah food is a big thing that we can all relate to. I'm going to try to show as much food as I possibly can from everything including convenience stores to fine dining.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Cultural differences(if possible), food vlogs(I'm obsessed with trying new foods :p), and locations which not alot of jvloggers cover. Maybe even a look at the structures and artwork there.
Yeah I have some footage of places like that already. I just haven't been able to upload it all yet. I actually have about 15-20 hours of video footage and like 500 pictures from all over Tokyo. Right now I'm just uploading it bit by bit on my channel but all of that I got from my month and a half there but now that I'm going there to live, well I'm going to have way more time, even to explore outside of Tokyo.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

Zurhv

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
I think you should just straight up Vlog what you're doing such as like walking around Japan, food, and Vlog some crazy cool places! I'll definitely watch it! :D

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Yes I think food will be a huge part of my channel actually. I have to remind myself of the types of Jvlogging that I like and I too always love food videos really from anywhere. Yeah food is a big thing that we can all relate to. I'm going to try to show as much food as I possibly can from everything including convenience stores to fine dining.
Thats cool, hope you enjoy it... id be scared of all the oddities and raw fish... im not the most cultured eater... lol

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I think you should just straight up Vlog what you're doing such as like walking around Japan, food, and Vlog some crazy cool places! I'll definitely watch it! :D
Cool, thanks for saying that. Yeah I've seen a lot of different Jvloggers over the last two years so I'm going to try to stand out from them as much as I can to offer people a unique perspective.