I am having some trouble...

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
I love making YouTube videos, it keeps me busy and I can do something I enjoy "potentially" for a living? Though that isn't my main priority as it's not set in stone haha.

But, I have hit a wall. I went through a phase of gaining lots of subs, getting loads of views and comments and making new friends but then I went into a dark place and I didn't upload for about a month or two and ever since then I have been struggling to get back into it and I really want to but I feel like everything I'm putting out there is just stale and low quality stuff :( Before I left, I was at about 950 subs! Now I'm at 894... Which hasn't helped with my confidence and motivation, no one comments on my videos anymore and I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. I don't want subs for fame but just to relate to other people, I want to entertain and make people laugh and feel good about themselves...

What should I do? Many times I've just thought about stopping all together but I can't do that... I'm just having a hard time figuring out what I should do.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Honestly? Just keep on doing.. Look at why you make videos.. If you're doing it for the subs or view counts, might consider doing something you love so you don't rely on that. You should do what you love because you enjoy it.. And yea, there are down times for us all.. we just come here for support and keep it moving ;)

Reactions: Lauren Smith

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I know exactly what your going trough.. I don't have that much subs but I have been trough that too but not for a half year but for years instead..... but the whole key is. you just have to grab all your changes and go work like hell and do your best to show everyone you're back and keep making awesome content and try some things that you know your fans gonna love it. the people just fergot about you. but they wil remember you keep staying active and even more active than before and share it everywhere you can share it. then they all see it and they wil come back and you wil grow again and in some cases you wil get even more views and comments than you ever had. trust me, I have been this trough. but there's only one thing: this progress wil take between 3 months and a half year

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
You lost a few subs. No biggie, that happens. Just keep doing what you're doing. When someone has something to say about one of your videos, they'll say it.
The content you're posting is pretty good. Especially the vlogs.
Best of luck.

Last edited:

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
Honestly? Just keep on doing.. Look at why you make videos.. If you're doing it for the subs or view counts, might consider doing something you love so you don't rely on that. You should do what you love because you enjoy it.. And yea, there are down times for us all.. we just come here for support and keep it moving ;)
Thanks and yeah I know what I said may sound like I'm just thinking of the numbers but I'm not haha I just want people to be there and be entertained by what I do, everything seems a little dry and all I want is a little interaction again

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
I know exactly what your going trough.. I don't have that much subs but I have been trough that too but not for a half year but for years instead..... but the whole key is. you just have to grab all your changes and go work like hell and do your best to show everyone you're back and keep making awesome content and try some things that you know your fans gonna love it. the people just fergot about you. but they wil remember you keep staying active and even more active than before and share it everywhere you can share it. then they all see it and they wil come back and you wil grow again and in some cases you wil get even more views and comments than you ever had. trust me, I have been this trough. but there's only one thing: this progress wil take between 3 months and a half year
I know I just gotta keep going but my motivation lacks greatly sometimes especially when I haven't got great things to work with it sometimes feels like I'm putting in all my effort for nothing

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
You lost a few subs. No biggie, that happens. Just keep doing what you're doing. When someone has something to say about one of your videos, they'll say it.
The content you're posting is pretty good. Especially the vlogs.
Best of luck.
Thank you, it's just everyone gets upset when they lose subs and I don't know why I get so upset because at the end of the day, the numbers aren't really that important, I think what has got me the most is that I've dried up and have lost a lot of my interactive subs, I enjoy reading and replying to comments and now it just feels like I'm talking to a brick wall

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I know I just gotta keep going but my motivation lacks greatly sometimes especially when I haven't got great things to work with it sometimes feels like I'm putting in all my effort for nothing

I know... I have that feel somethimes too. but you just have to ignore that and keep working and get yourself higher. and is it worth it? yeah it is. trust me!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I think tyou need to pull yourself together and take a good look at what you achieved!

You have been doing a great job all this time and had a minor setback. It may be a challenge to get back up but hey, when we learned to walk it was with falling and standing up!

Seeing your youtube channel you make great content and i think you should continue doing so. There is a reason you can't get yourself to just delete it, probably because you love doing what you do and i can see your passion in it. Get back up, get your back straight and do what you do best and that is entertain people and make awesome content ;)

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
I think tyou need to pull yourself together and take a good look at what you achieved!

You have been doing a great job all this time and had a minor setback. It may be a challenge to get back up but hey, when we learned to walk it was with falling and standing up!

Seeing your youtube channel you make great content and i think you should continue doing so. There is a reason you can't get yourself to just delete it, probably because you love doing what you do and i can see your passion in it. Get back up, get your back straight and do what you do best and that is entertain people and make awesome content ;)
Thank you so much for the kind words and motivation! :)

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
It sounds like you had a momentum going when you stopped uploading. You know what to do. I would say to just pick up where you left off. I know that can be difficult after losing motivation. Unfortunately, this is what happens after not posting videos for a while. But,you can do it!:D Good luck!