Zcash

TheGreatishJimmy

Rising User
Apr 5, 2018
YouTube
I can’t say anything on using the Freedom miner, I’ve been mining ZCash to my own private wallet. Might run some benchmarks against the stuff I’m using now, see which one performs better..

TheGreatishJimmy

Rising User
Apr 5, 2018
YouTube
Usually when coins are cheaper, they are easier to mine more of them a little bit quicker. The difficulty level goes down.
Difficulty is based on how many computers are on the network. There isn’t actually correlation with difficulty and price with crypto currencies. That’s why mining isn’t very profitable right now. Difficulty is increasing because the networks are growing and getting better at solving for hashes, and the price of the coins are tanking.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Difficulty is based on how many computers are on the network. There isn’t actually correlation with difficulty and price with crypto currencies. That’s why mining isn’t very profitable right now. Difficulty is increasing because the networks are growing and getting better at solving for hashes, and the price of the coins are tanking.

Not directly but I think Ryan meant if there is less profit, then less people are likely to mine that currency which also means lower difficulty.

TheGreatishJimmy

Rising User
Apr 5, 2018
YouTube
Yeah. That is what I meant.
I’ve been watching the ZEC difficulty like a hawk the past few months, and since I send my payouts directly to my own ZEC wallet I’m able to send it to an exchange or ShapeShift it to another coin pretty easily. I generally get a payout once every 38-44 hours, so the difficulty hasn’t been dropping with the price unfortunately enough. In February I had calculated my 1060’s ROI time at just under 60 days, now it’s closer to 300, I’m acquiring the same amount of coins at the same pace, but the value is tanking, and everyone seems to be all about that HODL.