1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Collaboration is one of the best ways to grow your audience. Participate in Freedom!'s Collaboration Beta Project now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube YouTube's new Premieres Feature

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by LW001, Oct 24, 2018.

1. LW001

LW001 Moderator Moderator Wiki Contributor Beta Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    So YouTube has released Premieres so why not talk about them here a bit!

A Premiere lets your video be scheduled while letting your subscribers know when it's coming like a live stream or just lets you see people's first impressions of a video in a live chat.

This is YouTube' video about Premieres:

To make your video premiere instead of just releasing it, just enable the "Premiere" option on the upload page:
    upload_2018-10-24_16-39-9.png

If you schedule the video instead of making it public your subscribers will see it in their subscriptions feed like this:
    upload_2018-10-24_16-41-5.png

Before and during the premiere you get a live chat to talk to your viewers as they first watch your video. It also puts a fancy 1:30 minutes countdown video in front of it to let people gather for the premiere! The Live chat is like a live stream, you can earn Super Chats and the Chat History is kept around on the video afterwards as well.

So what do you think of it, will you use it and do you think it can help?

2. Thelazysideoflife

Thelazysideoflife Full Member

Forum Posts:
    I don't think I would use it just know, but in the future sure! I also think this was a nice move from YouTube because I have the feeling this will make viewers feel even more close to the people they watch

3. Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion You Earnestly believe you could defeat me? Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    I definitely will use it but unsure how I will use it at the moment. Would like to at the least use it on series 1st episodes and finales and maybe special bonus episodes too. Not sure on doing anything more than that though. The idea of a live chat during the episode is kind of neat though but don't know if I want to use it on everything.

4. Indurok

Indurok Dragon Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    I'm probably never gonna bother using it.