Youtuber trying to advertise trough your channel

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
OMG I need to rant for a sec, I'm really getting iritated with people who leave comments like: ''great channel, nice work, want a shout out--> can ya sub to my channel??? Advertise ME ME ME ME.....

Goddd this iritates me to the core, I apriate my viewers but these people don't even watch my video's. They comment to advertise their own channel. I love the support and a 'good job' when it's real and not an ad! I've been flagging more comments as spam today then actual comments! Gaaawd anyone of you guys experiencing the same?

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
OMG I need to rant for a sec, I'm really getting iritated with people who leave comments like: ''great channel, nice work, want a shout out--> can ya sub to my channel??? Advertise ME ME ME ME.....

Goddd this iritates me to the core, I apriate my viewers but these people don't even watch my video's. They comment to advertise their own channel. I love the support and a 'good job' when it's real and not an ad! I've been flagging more comments as spam today then actual comments! Gaaawd anyone of you guys experiencing the same?
Yea, it's kind of the nature of social media. I just delete their comments.

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
Yepp.. I get these comments pretty much every day... Honestly that's pretty much the only kind of comment I get these days. sad!

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Yeah, I got this comments once in awhile. At first, I was like finally someone left a comment in my video. And it turns out it is just a spam. So I end up reporting them as spam.

Reactions: Brent Cone

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I just leave the comments up so everyone can see they're spam... lol

I don't really care... It's just how it is...

Youtubes a rough gig...

I can't blame youtubers for feeling lonely and bored...

Sad thing is I can't usually help with that cause I'm one of the most unavailable youtubers on the platform... having kids and other job and all...

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Yea, it's kind of the nature of social media. I just delete their comments.
Yep that's my strategy to now.... sad really.
Yepp.. I get these comments pretty much every day... Honestly that's pretty much the only kind of comment I get these days. sad!
Hmm mabey it's a thing.... I've been getting them since this week all of a sudden every day... very paculiar.
Yeah, I got this comments once in awhile. At first, I was like finally someone left a comment in my video. And it turns out it is just a spam. So I end up reporting them as spam.
Yeah me to, I'm so curious what people have to say and then it's such a turnoff!
I just leave the comments up so everyone can see they're spam... lol
I don't really care... It's just how it is...
Youtubes a rough gig...
I can't blame youtubers for feeling lonely and bored...
Sad thing is I can't usually help with that cause I'm one of the most unavailable youtubers on the platform... having kids and other job and all...
I dunno if your lonely and bored no prob if ya comment just do it sincerely and I'll talk back... most I've gotten were copy/paste message's, I wouldn't know.... what would be the fun in that? I'm kinda curious how many people actually respond to those messages.

Reactions: Brent Cone

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I used to just keep the comments, and sometimes I still do depending on how the comment is worded. However, now I do delete most of them.

In fact I had one recently, and I was thinking of keeping the comment until the same person did the same thing on 2 more of my videos. I not only deleted the comments, but reported him for spam and also set it up to hide his comments on my channel entirely. AKA he got the ban hammer.

Reactions: Olivea Sea

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The second they do it, they immediately get banned from commenting on my channel.

They'd have to be pretty desperate that their content is so bad that they need to try to leverage themselves on another channel's success.

KJL

Rising User
Oct 26, 2015
It's always going to be like this though. All the newcomers to YouTube are failing to see growth so they'll do whatever they can to get known or views.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It's always going to be like this though. All the newcomers to YouTube are failing to see growth so they'll do whatever they can to get known or views.
If the views aren't by people who legitimately want to see the content based on what they want to watch via related videos or search results. You know dead subscribers? Well these are dead views, they don't mean anything because the person just wanted the residual effect of a single video view, not the "want to watch" or "I found this on my own" emotion behind the view that makes it worth something, the makes it be known that your video is getting watched by people who want to watch it.
Take that information and spread it through the net.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
If the views aren't by people who legitimately want to see the content based on what they want to watch via related videos or search results. You know dead subscribers? Well these are dead views, they don't mean anything because the person just wanted the residual effect of a single video view, not the "want to watch" or "I found this on my own" emotion behind the view that makes it worth something, the makes it be known that your video is getting watched by people who want to watch it.
Take that information and spread it through the net.

The way I like to put is, all you have is meaningless numbers.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I feel lucky. I get these people from time to time but they've been relatively rare compared to actual comments. I usually try to let them know that they aren't doing themselves any good through self advertisement.

Bush_Baby_Plays

Minecraft Junkie
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Alabama
YouTube
This is pretty much 99% of all of my comments. It's really dishonest, and to be honest it makes me pretty mad, but I keep them and reply to them because it's a decent chance for people to see me interacting with others. Typically I'd rather call them a liar and grill them on just what they love so much (or you know, why they didn't like, or subscribe, or how my view count on that video didn't move at all but somehow they watched it and loved it) but it's all about the marketing I suppose. When all I get most times are the ad comments and no real comments to reply to, it's hard to show I'm interactive to feedback. So for now I'm just sort of taking it on the chin and giving a standard "hey thanks a lot, I hope you like and subscribe to see more. But be careful about advertising on other people's channels, it's extremely rude. If you support me, I'm more likely to support you". That sort of answer. Generally though, I can't stand that sort of person that makes those comments because it's all about numbers. They aren't grateful for the subscribers they have, they're just looking to reach a big, impressive number that they can brag about. I want to be treated like a subscriber and a friend, not another number they can drain time and money out of.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
ya. i get lot tho them. this why i start to use filter on my channel. i filter out some key word like sub, sub4sub, www, com, net, http://, and etc. some people dont like it due they cant get people to look at there channel. but it work for me

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
ya. i get lot tho them. this why i start to use filter on my channel. i filter out some key word like sub, sub4sub, www, com, net, http://, and etc. some people dont like it due they cant get people to look at there channel. but it work for me
Hmm there sticking to it lately... maybe a good idea to do this to![DOUBLEPOST=1448104709][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm there sticking to it lately... maybe a good idea to do this to!

Okay it's working a little bit but know I see people are working around it LOL[DOUBLEPOST=1448549025][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1448549073][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1448549152][/DOUBLEPOST]Seriously got really disappointed in freedom just now ->
.They are actually promoting to spam each others video's with: 'watch my video' comments !!> :confused::eek:

Last edited: