YouTube Video Creation and Uploader Blockade

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Hey Everyone.

I thought of start this disgussion because I am interested in hearing if anyone is having same issue as me.
Some of you know me from when i signed up at Freedom! roughtly 2 years ago, and some of you even know what I have worked on through the years.

However an issue has occurred, which I have no clue how to solve (No this is not meant as a support thread since it is not a technical issue).
But as i explain in the title "YouTube Video Creation and Uploader Blockade". Well honestly I feel like I have a blockade when it comes to make videos, this week I want to make videos to start make videos again to pass on my passions, interests and to show, who I am.

My issue is, I can't think of anything to make any videos of. I thought of games, but can't find any games, which could be interesting to play. I thought of music, but can't think of any specific song to play (and own songs are not finished). I thought of vlogging, but could not think of any topic.

So I would kind of call this a Creators blockade.
But I also think it has affected me that i have not uploaded for 9 months.

Anyone experienced same lack of creative ideas, when trying to make videos?
If so it would be nice to hear how you got out of it :)

In worst cases I have thought of stop the whole concept of doing YouTube. But ofcourse I know I will end regret that decision in the long run. So lets all have a sweet little disgussion about this :D

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
I've never felt that way. As a let's player, I don't worry about whether the game is interesting enough or good enough just how I am interesting and entertaining. Sometimes you can do the same thing in a different way and that can spice up your creativity.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
I've never felt that way. As a let's player, I don't worry about whether the game is interesting enough or good enough just how I am interesting and entertaining. Sometimes you can do the same thing in a different way and that can spice up your creativity.
Thanks for the reply :)
I am honestly already getting started on some projects and starting up some series. :)
But still a nice tip to keep in mind :) Thanks

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
In writing, whether it be in music or novel, it's called "writers block". Similarly, this should be called "Creator's block" or "YouTuber's block" depending on your preference. Firstly, when I see a Let's Play channel trying to tell the community that he has no idea what to make a video about, I silently affirm to myself that he isn't long for the platform.
It's one thing if you're a vlogger and need something to talk about, it's another if you make short films. There is a story-driven creative edge that comes from the creator. But LP channels quite literally have the content displayed in front of them without the necessity of being creative in any way, all they need to do is speak over it in a semi-engaging way that doesn't damage the substance of the time.

To overcome Creator's block, I look for what is trending. My entire channel is based around my perspective, I so happen to chose to share my perspective on popular events as a method of driving attention to my content and what my channel means. I am well within what I intend for my channel to be when I do so, so it isn't like I'm not doing what I want to do when I'm view-grabbing like that, that's literally the intention as an extension of the intentions for the way I wish to grow the brand.
Although I do my best to apply a creative edge and try to be less of a copy-paste content channel (*cough* gaming channels *cough*) as to keep the people who might be subscribed and intend to return being interested in what I'm getting myself into.