YouTube YouTube Survey ads! Do you like them or hate them?

YouTube Survey ads! Do you like them or hate them?

• Sure, I don't mind filling them out!

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No I hate surveys and polls....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use adblock so wouldn't know!

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
For a little while now YouTube has been placing surveys instead of ads, to better target their audience for their channel ads. Do you complete these surveys or would you rather keep your information private?

Personally I quite like that they are attempting to do a better job to target ads, I'd rather watch an advertisement that i was interested in or for a new product i'd never heard of.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Even though I have not seen any of these, they are a nice feature and they will make watching ads a lot better for some viewers.
As this is not an ad, YouTube would not gain money from this, so wouldn't the Creator lose out because of this?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
For a little while now YouTube has been placing surveys instead of ads, to better target their audience for their channel ads. Do you complete these surveys or would you rather keep your information private?

Personally I quite like that they are attempting to do a better job to target ads, I'd rather watch an advertisement that i was interested in or for a new product i'd never heard of.

I have completed a survey like this a couple times, as you mention i also rather fill in a survey to improve youtube then watch a ad of something i have no interest in making me want to click the video away.
Furthermore reason for me to complete the survey is i am a youtuber myself and understand how this is for those who watch my content. By doing this we do not only help youtube but also the ourself.

D

Deleted member 137653

I have YouTube Red... xD

Stelgim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
Norway
www.stelgim.com
YouTube
I've answered a lot of these, although I believe all of them was about my country and it's ads. Like which ad have I seen lately etc. I don't mind answering them, rather they show me an ad I want to watch.. than letting me see commercials meant for the other gender.