Youtube Partner Program (YPP)

Squatch

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 22, 2015
YouTube
All threads on the topic have been merged into this thread - Mod

Does this mean anything new. Can somebody Shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I believe this is the rolling thing that's coming around for the changes to the TOS incorporated with YouTube Red.

Raven's Endsville

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Hello people!!!
I got the following message on my channel:
"We've worked with your MCN to include you in the YouTube Partner Program to give you access to future revenue opportunities."
And it asks me to review and accept the terms.
Anybody knows what it means?
What should I do?
If it is ok or not?
Thank you all in advance and have a wonderful life.

Reactions: Brent Cone

mattrtech

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2013
So I'm with an other network on my main YouTube but won't say the name of it but they email me about it with an FAQ here it is

Q: In signing this agreement, am I still a part of my MCN?
A: Yes, you’re still part of your MCN. The terms you’ll sign affirms that.

Q: If I’m currently affiliated with a MCN, why should I sign this agreement?
A: You’ll gain a direct relationship with YouTube and access to new features and revenue streams as they become available on YouTube. We’ve worked closely with your MCN to make sure this opportunity drives more benefits/features over the long-term to MCN affiliate creators, while still allowing you to enjoy the benefits of being part of your MCN.

Q: Will I get paid directly by YouTube now, or will I continue to be paid via my MCN?
A: As a member of your MCN, you’ll continue to be paid through your MCN. Details are in the MCN Association Terms included in the click-to-accept agreement.

Q: How does the cover song revenue sharing you mentioned work?
A: If you cover a song in one of your videos, and YouTube has worked out an agreement with the owner of that song (composition), then when they claim your video, you’re able to share in its monetization with them. This functionality is coming in the future.

Q: What other revenue opportunities will YPP provide access to in the future?
A: We are evaluating ways for you to monetize your videos even if they contain third-party music. Stay tuned for more information as we work to bring this functionality to YouTube Partner Program creators.

Reactions: Matsetes

mattrtech

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2013
So I'm with an other network on my main YouTube but won't say the name of it but they email me about it with an FAQ here it is

Q: In signing this agreement, am I still a part of my MCN?
A: Yes, you’re still part of your MCN. The terms you’ll sign affirms that.

Q: If I’m currently affiliated with a MCN, why should I sign this agreement?
A: You’ll gain a direct relationship with YouTube and access to new features and revenue streams as they become available on YouTube. We’ve worked closely with your MCN to make sure this opportunity drives more benefits/features over the long-term to MCN affiliate creators, while still allowing you to enjoy the benefits of being part of your MCN.

Q: Will I get paid directly by YouTube now, or will I continue to be paid via my MCN?
A: As a member of your MCN, you’ll continue to be paid through your MCN. Details are in the MCN Association Terms included in the click-to-accept agreement.

Q: How does the cover song revenue sharing you mentioned work?
A: If you cover a song in one of your videos, and YouTube has worked out an agreement with the owner of that song (composition), then when they claim your video, you’re able to share in its monetization with them. This functionality is coming in the future.

Q: What other revenue opportunities will YPP provide access to in the future?
A: We are evaluating ways for you to monetize your videos even if they contain third-party music. Stay tuned for more information as we work to bring this functionality to YouTube Partner Program creators.

Reactions: Believe

Xeno JZ

Rising User
Oct 23, 2015
YouTube
"We've worked with your MCN to include you in the YouTube Partner Program."

What does this mean?
What should I do?
Should I accept?
Does this mean I have to leave Freedom!? I joined Freedom! for 2 weeks.YouTube - Google Chrome 12_3_2015 9_06_47 PM.png

Last edited:

Xeno JZ

Rising User
Oct 23, 2015
YouTube
Same thing with me.[DOUBLEPOST=1449202603][/DOUBLEPOST]Would this get me into trouble because the YouTube partner program doesn't allow gaming content because of copyright. I upload gaming content.

Last edited:

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
The YouTube Partner Program has been launched as of December 2. This will gain you faster access to new features and revenue streams! A notification should show up on your dashboard prompting you to review the terms and conditions.

For more information about this and what to do please see the support articles provided :)

What is the YouTube Partner Program

YouTube Partner Program - Question & Answers

Edit:
Tried to merge this with the News Thread but kind of failed :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ReesFitz92

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
Thanks for this. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1449221051][/DOUBLEPOST]Just a quick question though - Does revenue streams when we'll be making some money off streaming? If so how?

Official KTV Channel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 26, 2015
YouTube
Dear all freedom family,
after i read YPP i saw they said we will received only 55% of revenue share, now i get 70% from freedom, so if i agree with YPP program i will get 55% revenue share not 70%? or get 70% of 55% from YPP?
i'm waiting to hearing from all of your help.
best regards,