Official YouTube Monetization (1000 subs 4k hours) breakaway promotion

jammychap

Freedom! Member
Nov 9, 2017
YouTube
jammychap
So Freedom Family, what's your feelings on the subject, will it Really hurt Freedom or just a minor snag?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

F

Fortune Ventures

To be honest we found this post while searching around for other people having problems with this new update and thought we might as well try and post a message here. We (Boyfriend & Girlfriend) have an entertainment channel based around Minecraft and soon other games. At the moment we are 400 subscribers away from this 1000 subscriber threshold and 3000 hours away from the 4000 hours threshold. Though I'm not sure this will be seen as "close enough, that can use a little push", we simply have had quite a reach problem to be able to make these numbers within a year, that's even how long we're active.

Evilzombie

Rising User
Jan 17, 2018
YouTube
So far I have 240 subs and have been doing this for years. I have 121 hours per month but for lifetime youtube analytics lists it as 144 days and 13 hours or 208,161 hours. I have a 95% like to dislike ratio so I know my content is at least somewhat good as well.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Man Youtube just likes to challenge content developers. I do get the reasoning behind the change.

Even though I'm no where near the sub count and viewing hours, I still love that people enjoy the content and this won't stop me.

If you guys wanted to check out the channel, please feel free. This community has helped out a lot of channels and frankly I ain't leaving it what-so-ever.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF3eKyzcfgphSHTfIa8Icdg

Remember to Heal, Please Heal!

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
I'm no where near any of the 2 requirements. 1000 subs is a lot more achievable but 4000 hours just takes the cake. Im a art and animation channel with each video normally 1 min long. Found out in 2017 only have 603.066 hours. Not even close to a thousand let alone 4000 hours D :

TEkSTA

New User
Jan 17, 2018
YouTube
This is my best recent video, got a few hundred views and was quite proud of how it turned out actually. I only have just over a hundred subscribers so quite a lot of people must have shared this video

PowerGuy88

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 21, 2014
YouTube
Power Jusho here! I'm a Let's Player that mainly focuses on JRPGs but I also do Reaction videos on video game trailers, cover JRPG video game news, unboxings, and review video games! I've been making videos since I was in the 8th grade, almost 7 YEARS AGO! I'm at 879 subscribers at the moment with over 500K total views, so less than 150 subscribers until i'm at 1000! If you can, please check out one of my videos!

Reactions: Koala_Steamed
O

OwenJayTurnbull

Hello, everyone, my name is Owen Turnbull, my channel name is Owen Turnbull. I currently have 283 subscribers. Feel free to subscribe to my channel if you enjoy the content. :)

JESSETATTOO

Rising User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2017
www.jessetattoo.com
YouTube
Ahoy Hoy, Jessetattoo here if you don't know me already... well now you do. Im40years old been a tattoo artist for the last 26years and have now retired for health reasons. I started my youtube adventure back in March of 2017 (at this point less than a year)
I now make Gameplay vids, tutorials, ARK builds, Machinima stuff, and loads of beta and early access action.
I am going to be LIVESTREAMING as much as I'm able to this month on my RAOD TO DRIVE my 1000subs

as on now I am over on view time, but am only at 805 SUBs at the time of this post.

Here is one of my best newer vids as far as production value and effort.
[DOUBLEPOST=1516219933][/DOUBLEPOST]and PS i sub'ed all on the list

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I don't know how close to 1000 we're supposed to be to share videos here, but I have 682 subs, and recently calculated having over 8000 hours of watch time in the last 12 months. I wanted to share a two part series of one of my most favorite games on Game Jolt.

Violeta León

Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2018
www.youtube.com
YouTube
leonvioleta4
This is my best video:

I have 2527 hours watched and 618 suscribers.
There arent much opportunities in my country, and I use youtube because that money, even when is not quite much for you, worth a lot for me, to take a good care of my family. It has a lot of efford too. Thanks so much in advance for the support and count on me for anything you need ;)