YouTube Youtube Metadata To Help You Grow

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Ok so I am going to give you guys a bit of insight onto the youtube metadata which can help you grow, I am not going to promise that you will grow from this but it can help you if you do it right. All of this should be used with live streams as well not just videos.

So let's start with the youtube title, Always include the game's title (this can be applied to any kind of video such as vlogs and make etc) in your video title at the beginning of your video's title lets take for a moment something like dead by daylight so it will look like this
you could even add the dead by daylight killer to the title

----------
Title example

Dead By Daylight

The Huntress Dead By Daylight
------------

So that would be the start of your video title now if it's a part of a series you want to put part 1/2/3 whichever part it would be awesome you can put #1 #2 #3 etc etc
so it would look something like this

-------------
Title example 2

Dead By Daylight - Part 1

The Huntress Dead By Daylight - Part 1
----------------

but if it's not a series then you don't need to worry about putting what part it is or if its a series that don't matter what part it is.

then you need your hook part of the title that's can be anything that involves your video so say you killed all the survivors in dead by daylight by the killers hand the title could be something like this

-------------
Title example 3

Dead By Daylight - Part 1 - All Survivors Killed With Mori

The Huntress Dead By Daylight - Part 1 - All Survivors Killed With Mori
---------------

so that covers the title now that you have your video title you need to do your video description which is also just as important as your title and video tags

so with your description, you want to work off of your title for this you also want to make sure your game title in this case dead by daylight and all survivors killed with mori

-------------
example description 1

I was able to kill all survivors with the mori of (killer name) with the mori in dead by daylight which was super awesome I can't believe I manage to catch them all with them getting the gens pretty fast and all the running around they did but I was able to catch them and win the match this is one video you will want to watch
---------------

then you will want to provide the next lot of video description which would be about the game this is where you put the game description itself like this.

-------------
Example description 2

I was able to kill all survivors with the mori of (killer name) with the mori in dead by daylight which was super awesome I can't believe I manage to catch them all with them getting the gens pretty fast and all the running around they did but I was able to catch them and win the match this is one video you will want to watch

Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors' goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer - something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.

More information about the game is available at link to all other info on the game

Game Link
Link to where you can buy the game
----------------------------------

That covers the title and description, next thing to cover is your video tags

so the tags have to work with both the video title and video description you are going to want to put as much as you can but never copy tags and don't spam then tags that are spam are the ones that have nothing to do with your video so if you put another youtubers name in your video tags a youtube that has nothing to do with your video then it can be flagged for misleading so don't put pewdiepie or someone like that in your tags unless they were taking part with your video

----------------
Tag example

dead by daylight,dead by daylight gameplay,dead by daylight (killer name),dead by daylight (survivors name) (you can do this for all the survivors that are in your match) dead by daylight,(killer name),dead by daylight mori,Dead By Daylight All Survivors Killed With Mori,mori,

---------------------

I hope this helps guys this all helps with your youtube metadata which can help you rank in youtube search so be sure to think about it before you upload it, I hope this helps you all out

Vigilant

Aug 24, 2017
YouTube
TheVigilantYT
Really good guide! I'll upload a video tomorrow covering some more stuff I do with my videos for the metadata (will edit this post, so come back trmw guys!) but for all Freedom! partners I really recommend this, metadata is a huge thing with Google and they really stress it, and adding tags probably puts you above 65% of all YouTubers. I see so many new YouTubers forget this simple step!!!!

EDIT: Here's my video with a ton of metadata information to get your videos discovered!

Last edited:

Robert Clark

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 19, 2017
Houston Texas
YouTube
buckfumbler1
does it make anything better to duplicate the words in the tags

dead by daylight,dead by daylight gameplay,dead by daylight (killer name),dead by daylight (survivors name) (you can do this for all the survivors that are in your match) dead by daylight,(killer name),dead by daylight mori,Dead By Daylight All Survivors Killed With Mori,mori,

Vigilant

Aug 24, 2017
YouTube
TheVigilantYT
No, it actually makes it worse! :(

About what though? And how exactly would it help? I already add in a whole bunch of keywords in my description.

As a summary, if your tags really match your description and title you will get way more views, if your description is short your tags aren't always matching up and YouTube will place you lower in search.

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
if you duplicate tags like if you put the same tag twice that would be spam[DOUBLEPOST=1517134358][/DOUBLEPOST]
What can I do if I do all of those things already yet my videos never ranked?
the thing is mate i have tried to help you with this before but your just not getting it[DOUBLEPOST=1517135068][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is a really good tip. Adding on to the metadata tips, it is best to research on the video and keywords using google keyword planner.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
I cover gaming videos so I pretty much already did the research on this game which is why i passed the thread around it but yes, you are right and you can also use things like tube buddy as well to help you research stuff as well as youtube itself

Last edited:

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Ok so I am going to give you guys a bit of insight onto the youtube metadata which can help you grow, I am not going to promise that you will grow from this but it can help you if you do it right. All of this should be used with live streams as well not just videos.

So let's start with the youtube title, Always include the game's title (this can be applied to any kind of video such as vlogs and make etc) in your video title at the beginning of your video's title lets take for a moment something like dead by daylight so it will look like this
you could even add the dead by daylight killer to the title

----------
Title example

Dead By Daylight

The Huntress Dead By Daylight
------------

So that would be the start of your video title now if it's a part of a series you want to put part 1/2/3 whichever part it would be awesome you can put #1 #2 #3 etc etc
so it would look something like this

-------------
Title example 2

Dead By Daylight - Part 1

The Huntress Dead By Daylight - Part 1
----------------

but if it's not a series then you don't need to worry about putting what part it is or if its a series that don't matter what part it is.

then you need your hook part of the title that's can be anything that involves your video so say you killed all the survivors in dead by daylight by the killers hand the title could be something like this

-------------
Title example 3

Dead By Daylight - Part 1 - All Survivors Killed With Mori

The Huntress Dead By Daylight - Part 1 - All Survivors Killed With Mori
---------------

so that covers the title now that you have your video title you need to do your video description which is also just as important as your title and video tags

so with your description, you want to work off of your title for this you also want to make sure your game title in this case dead by daylight and all survivors killed with mori

-------------
example description 1

---------------

then you will want to provide the next lot of video description which would be about the game this is where you put the game description itself like this.

-------------
Example description 2

Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.
Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.
The Survivors' goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer - something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.

More information about the game is available at link to all other info on the game

Game Link
Link to where you can buy the game
----------------------------------

That covers the title and description, next thing to cover is your video tags

so the tags have to work with both the video title and video description you are going to want to put as much as you can but never copy tags and don't spam then tags that are spam are the ones that have nothing to do with your video so if you put another youtubers name in your video tags a youtube that has nothing to do with your video then it can be flagged for misleading so don't put pewdiepie or someone like that in your tags unless they were taking part with your video

----------------
Tag example

---------------------

I hope this helps guys this all helps with your youtube metadata which can help you rank in youtube search so be sure to think about it before you upload it, I hope this helps you all out
This is actually a fantastic little example on Metadata. Well done and I hope this helps others out there.

Reactions: Scalperhero

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

It depends what you mean by duplicate tags. Having phrases/compound tags are different from individual 1 word tags. You want an exact tag that someone will type into the google search field. So if someone searched for "dead by daylight tutorial" you are better off having 1 tag dead by daylight tutorial instead of "dead, by, daylight, tutorial". Still having single tag words in addition be helpful as well.

Robert Clark

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 19, 2017
Houston Texas
YouTube
buckfumbler1
It depends what you mean by duplicate tags. Having phrases/compound tags are different from individual 1 word tags. You want an exact tag that someone will type into the google search field. So if someone searched for "dead by daylight tutorial" you are better off having 1 tag dead by daylight tutorial instead of "dead, by, daylight, tutorial". Still having single tag words in addition be helpful as well.

so then multiple phrases (with duplicate words) someone would search for would be alright?

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
so then multiple phrases (with duplicate words) someone would search for would be alright?
if you mean tags like this, dead by daylight, dead by daylight gameplay,dead by daylight saw dlc, <<<do you mean like this where dead by daylight it said over again but in different ways then yes this is fine[DOUBLEPOST=1517746238][/DOUBLEPOST]
i have to disagree single word tags are not gonna help, so tags like dead,by,daylight,or gameplay and gaming they will never help the video and just uses up space to where you can put something better phrases are should be the most thing people use and a lot of youtubers that are small don't realize this which can put you ahead of the running in the long run i agree with the rest of what you said just not the single word tags

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Clark

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
i have to disagree single word tags are not gonna help, so tags like dead,by,daylight,or gameplay and gaming they will never help the video and just uses up space to where you can put something better phrases are should be the most thing people use and a lot of youtubers that are small don't realize this which can put you ahead of the running in the long run i agree with the rest of what you said just not the single word tags

Where did you hear this from? I have a few videos where single tags are top top ranked e.g. searching YouTube for "1kb". It can depend on how unique the word is, something like "gaming" is not a good single tag to use though.