YouTube YouTube is Removing G+ integration on YouTube!

Do you like this change?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
"In the coming weeks, YouTube will no longer require a Google+ profile... to upload, comment, or create a channel."

http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2015/07/youtube-comments.html

Essenitanlly this means G+ will no longer be required, and that we won't have to worry about it when dealing with YouTube! What do you feel about this change? Let us know!

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
I just hope hope HOPE comments will still be the same with having no character limit, otherwise I will have to make multiple comments that way since I like to comment on multiple parts of a video that I liked

I guess it's good since I no longer have to set my avatar or name on YT from google +. In fact, it does make things a lot easier.

Last edited:

Frost_Scope

Freedom! Partner, FrostNation Commander
Freedom! Member
Jun 15, 2014
FrostNation
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ReiKai KatsuJin

EoS TV

MMO Junkie!!
Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Google+ is one of the most under utilized Social Media platforms. Although I find it incredibly useful, I'll continue to use it. I actually loved the integration between the two platforms. Hopefully they keep the parts that are good when they make the change. Regardless, I'll still use Google+ with my YouTube channels. :)

D

Deleted member 45146

Is this real life
I hate google + D:
Does this mean I can change my name and not have to have a last name with just one letter? XD

Reactions: Possum n' Pawesome

UnityGraphics

Rising User
Jul 19, 2015
Personally I think it's good. Never liked Google+. The only thing I'm concerned about is will Youtube banner templates change or are they keeping the same designs?

EoS TV

MMO Junkie!!
Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube
It kind of has a negative impact on anyone that uses Google+ for marketing and promoting their content.

That's something it seems to be a consistency among a lot of YouTubers by ignoring a tool that was right in front of them. A powerful one at that. Hopefully there isn't some huge movement of profile deletions since that would damage or kill people's Google+ Circles that they've worked on building over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.