YouTube YouTube is making me depressed

smalltownjoe

Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2016
Salamanca, Spain
YouTube
musocraig
I think it's time to jack it in. I can't be bothered uploading anything now. When I do I don't get views anyway, it's so much hard work, putting links on forums, facebook, everywhere and still not getting anything. Then someone uploads a new video and gets like 15k views in a day, I know that's never going to happen with me so I think the time has come to knock it on the head.

Anybody else feel like that?

Adios YouTube!

Reactions: LeoGaming

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
With a mindset like that, it's tough to find the spirit to make YouTube videos. People who do well usually love their work, genuinely. It's hard to get anywhere on YouTube if the attention is all that you love.

Maybe you just need a break. Reconsider your priorities. :)

Reactions: Eldridge Coutinho

InformationGuy

Rising User
Sep 17, 2017
Georgia, USA
YouTube
Infoguy36
I think it's time to jack it in. I can't be bothered uploading anything now. When I do I don't get views anyway, it's so much hard work, putting links on forums, facebook, everywhere and still not getting anything. Then someone uploads a new video and gets like 15k views in a day, I know that's never going to happen with me so I think the time has come to knock it on the head.

Adios YouTube!

Don't upload videos for views. Upload videos to add value and do it because you love it.

KentMarionVG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2014
Philippines
YouTube
kentmarion_vg
Don't upload videos for views. Upload videos to add value and do it because you love it.

He is right! Upload and create content that you will enjoy, don't do it for views, views will come eventually, and when viewers come, it is important that you have already established that what you create is what you enjoy.

You enjoy what you create, you will not get worked up! No stress, like what they say, a job that you enjoy is not a job anymore but a hobby ;)

KentMarion

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
YouTube is hard, and getting the motivation to keep going can be difficult but as others have said above its always best to do something that you enjoy and not worry about the views - as these will come naturally over time. Enjoy what you do and do it because you want to is the most important thing to look at. All channels grow at their own rate, just because one person has gotten 15K views on a newly released video doesn't mean yours will never get there. Try and stay strong and if its really getting to you maybe have a little break from YT, rethink things and come back to it later if you think that will help

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I know it can be hard and depressing sometimes, but you gotta just keep pushing forward towards your dream. No matter how long it takes. Logan Paul said in an interview that it took him 8 years to get where he is today growing a social media following starting through Vine.
Everything is possible if you focus and try your best to improve over time.

Kuyoyo

Rising User
Oct 8, 2017
INDONESIA
YouTube
KuyoyoYT
Pewdiepie said that he never ever realise that he can do like now. Doing youtube is very struggle, if you think youtube is place for money.

So, if you think youtube is your place to share your hobby. You will not lose anything. You will learn every day & every second, Just make it fun doing youtube, dont go for money, it just make you feel more depressed.

Keep doing the good things & learn everyday!

Geist

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
WanderingVA
You've got keep plugging away. Try cross promotion on there sites even if there isn't an eye batted on youtube, yet don't neglect your current subscriber base.

smalltownjoe

Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2016
Salamanca, Spain
YouTube
musocraig
I do actually just do it for fun because I enjoy singing and playing guitar, and absolutely don't do it for views. It just gets to me when I make a video and nobody sees it haha! The only reason I started was as an excuse to practise guitar and to embed vids to my blog....

It's just when you show someone your channel and they go like "yeah, 40 views....right..." haha I'm sure we've all been there!

Reactions: Smart Facts UK

Smart Facts UK

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2017
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I do actually just do it for fun because I enjoy singing and playing guitar, and absolutely don't do it for views. It just gets to me when I make a video and nobody sees it haha! The only reason I started was as an excuse to practise guitar and to embed vids to my blog....

It's just when you show someone your channel and they go like "yeah, 40 views....right..." haha I'm sure we've all been there!

You will deffo get more tho! :)

KillerTheoryz

New User
Apr 2, 2017
Take a break, honestly, you need too. As YouTube has made me depressed before, in a matter of time if you ENJOY, making what you make, and you have people enjoying, then everyone is happy.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

Adios YouTube!
I have the same thing where my uploads don't get much views until recently my older content just skyrocketed. I was surprised by it but all of a sudden all my older content wich was at 20 views went up to 100, 200 and some even 1K+ in a matter of days. Due to this i can say don't give up or he depressed and push on as dedication will pay off sooner or later :)

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube

Adios YouTube!
Hey man! I personally have gone through this stage of my YouTube journey and I know how it feels like! The first thing I suggest you do is don’t look at your viewership that much and compare it with others! Try not to hit that button to launch your creater’s studio and start comparing analytics with other channels! These channels may have done YouTube for many years already and that may be why they have that many views! If you will feel better this way, just take a break for a month or two. You may lose some views and subs, but like what I said, don’t keep looking at viewership. After you come back from your break, produce content with the mindset that you are doing this for fun! This way, you will produce the content you love producing and you will find joy in doing YouTube! Hope this helps:)

Eldridge Coutinho

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 16, 2016
India
www.youtube.com
YouTube

Adios YouTube!
I experience the same problems sometimes....but I agree with the others and I often tell myself the same thing. As long as I love what I do it should never be a problem how many views I get or how difficult it is to get exposure.
One more thing you could focus on is being honest with yourself.Am i really that good?Am i giving the viewers enough to keep them glued to the screen? If not then focus on improving with every video.All it takes ok youtube is that one video to go viral or a series of good videos to build an audience.. I prefer the second one because that way they stick around

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk