Resources Youtube Editing Tips?

GamerTye

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 18, 2016
YouTube
Hey everyone, I recently started youtubing and I made a decent first minecraft video, excluding the decrease of audio for a few moments, but I was wondering how do youtubers create intros with like cinematics, for example a minecraft guy, and then it shows a close up on his face, and then it shows the minecraft guy smile. Something like this, or something like adding a picture and captions of a funny thing someone in your video says, without covering the whole video. If anyone is experienced with this I would much appreciate some feedback and any suggestions you may have. Thanks a lot!!

Also i'd appreciate it greatly if you checked out my channel to subscribe and look at some of my first videos. I've recently been recording a lot of content, so now I just have to edit so more videos will be coming out shortly! Thanks!

travisdoesstuff

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 30, 2014
YouTube
To answer the first question I presume you are talking about the 3d animation type things. These are created in 3d animation programs the most common one used is cinema 4d, however there is also a program called blender which is similar but also free (youtubers also tend do you adobe after effects to further improve everything). Sorry if this isn't what you meant, but I presume it is.

And secondly for the pictures and captions without covering the entire screen, you can do that in any editing software that deals with video layers properly (so not windows movie maker). My personal favourite is adobe premiere pro, however sony vegas is also a good option and is probably easier to use. Its simply scaling and positioning so nothing too difficult, you just need the editing software to do it.

Although in terms of doing it in simple editing software you can probably do the same thing (not as quickly or efficiently) by creating the overlay in something like pixlr and simply save it as a png which makes sure it is transparent.

If you have any more questions I am happy to answer them as I have a lot of experience in these types of things :)