Youtube Algorithm

DalisYn

New User
Feb 15, 2017
YouTube
gvldvocvls
Do you guys feel like youtubes needs to switch up their algorithm again?
years ago when i made a naruto manga video i got like 1k views over night, lol idk whats changed.

Reactions: AFKPlays

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well more people on YouTube for one means they always have to change certain aspects of their algorithm to compensate, also say if more people are going against the terms of service and getting very low retention or view times this also needs to be taken into consideration

Tom Cryer

Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I'm pretty sure all it is is that there's now so many more YouTubers, especially of our popularity. this just creates so much more content on youtube, kind of drowning out individuals. I don't think youtube will be prepared to promote the smaller channels, as it won't make them nearly as much money as what they're promoting nowadays.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
YouTube is a business trying to become profitable. If it is going to keep itself afloat, it is going to modify that algorithm to benefit the greatest earners as it has. I just learn (because of PewDiePie being dropped) about "YouTube Preferred" which grants special high-payout ads to the most popular YouTubers.

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
The Algorithm like never changes. It's the YouTube meta system on how to be discovered that is always changing. Views aren't that important to YouTube anymore. Watch time is what YouTube looks for. The more watch time you get on a video the higher it will rank in the search results.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Do you guys feel like youtubes needs to switch up their algorithm again?
years ago when i made a naruto manga video i got like 1k views over night, lol idk whats changed.
The main difference is the number of people....where there is population, there is competition...youtube can't do much in this case...sadly. No matter how much a fellow youtuber watches your videos...getting some people who watch but NOT create to sub has become a tough job. Simply because, there are a LOT of big youtubers out there to sub....

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
As mentioned by others youtube will most likely go for something that benefits them in wich smaller channels are out of view. There are some changes that made me think how could this even benefit creators but on the other hand they have their reasons and all we can do is carry on and keep the motivation up.