YouTube Youtube ALGORITHM ... real or nah? ☠

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
I only ask this because I've seen a lot of random videos about the algorithm problems recently. I was kind of confused about how youtube is lowering video counts and subscriptions. Anyways, one of my videos that claimed to have 60 views 2 days ago now shows less than half of that count. Is this some unrelated issue or does it have to do with this alleged debauchery?

ytlazzog

Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2016
Belgium
YouTube
La_Flemm
Views going down
It's because your viewers don't watch all the video, they stop before the end, so the view is not counted
I think that the minimum (watch time) is 70%, else this view will not stay

Reactions: ClerraBellis

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Views going down
It's because your viewers don't watch all the video, they stop before the end, so the view is not counted
There's no way that's true, a ton of my viewers watch less than 70% of my videos (especially since some of them are long) and they do count! When views drop randomly on a video they normally come back within a day or so for me, I think it's a glitch on the display of the view count since it's constantly checking if they're bots which can slow down the system.

Reactions: ytlazzog

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Views going down

70% is false. I have a 5 hour 21 minute video with 139 views so I'm sorry but that many people did not watch 70% of the video. In fact the average view duration is 12 minutes 50 seconds and the average percentage is 4%

Nilleplays

New User
Freedom! Member
Jan 16, 2017
Germany
YouTube
nille0001
The initial views can be a bit misleading, youtube verifies views as it goes. So some views that were counted initially may disappear once verified. It used to be that YouTube only did this after 301 views then no views would count until the "actual" view count went above 301.
Its just like he said. Some of your views were "Fake". For an example when you clicking 20 times F5, you first get 20 views but after a time you will just have 1 view. Correct me when im wrong.

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
Weird! I wonder if that has to do with these seemingly automated comments left on my videos. Real channels will be like "Wow! Such a great job bla bla bla check out my channel bla bla bla." At first I thought these people actually cared because they were real channels, but then I saw that 100s of people commented on their latest videos saying thanks for checking out my channel. So, for clarification, these are these bots that will eventually not count as views and these channels are not actually seeing my videos at all?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Most of those are probably real users just trying to gain a few extra views/subs by spamming. Although it is possible that their views may not be counted also as they are essentially just spam and they probably only watched a few seconds of video.

Best thing to do is just ignore people that message like that, I've seen others that have called them out on it and then you just end up with people hating on the channel.