YouTube YOUR FIRST VIDEO EVER?

MATTERSGAME

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2014
YouTube
mattersgame
I have a long history and story to tell about my time on YouTube and I'm curious to hear yours!

I uploaded my first video EVER in late 2008 and it got 18,000 views. It was a review of a brand new paintball hopper. My brother and I though it was amazing so we started making more videos in 2009. Of course we just stopped and never uploaded again.

Years later in 2012 I started my own channel. I was a freshman at the time and was uploading about 2 videos a day. They were hardly edited and terrible quality. I also sounded a lot like tobuscus and pewdiepie at the time. I eventually realized I wasn't having fun and the channel wasn't going anywhere. So again I started over and finally made a channel I was proud of.

In 2013 I started my channel mattersgame. I worked hard for a year uploading 2 to 3 times a week. My channel started to take off and I was making 10 to 15 subs and over 500 views a day. It was going so good, and then I graduated. I got a job, went to college and had a girlfriend. There was just too much for me to devote time to YouTube. So just as always I stopped.

Just in the past month something changed. Some people I knew on YouTube now have over 200k subscribers and when I was networking with them they had 1,000. I read something that just changed my life. Lol it was dr. Suess. "Oh the places you'll go" it inspired me to do something with my life. To do what I enjoyed. A lot of things inspire me now.

with this new found motivation to follow my dreams I started uploading. Of course my active subscribers dropped from about 2,000 to 20 but I didn't care about numbers this time. I just cared about doing what made me happy. And you know what I decided to start over! I now have a channel that is 5 days old and I am at 20 subscribers! I am so excited to just make videos and start a new journey on YouTube to become better at making videos and become a better person. My dreams are right there waiting for me, I just have to reach out and grab them. I will work nonstop until I can't move before I let my dreams slip away from me.
I hope you do too! You can do it. Anyone can. You just have to try. I hope this inspires you to do great things, because I know you can. If you want to do something do it. If you have a dream chase it. Now I want to hear your story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaara406

Metis Television

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2017
YouTube
MetisTelevision
My story on YouTube started almost 10 years ago, back in 2007, I used to watch other people's videos, but in 2008, I started uploading clips of a certain game show. Then in 2010, I did my own game show project, it was a flop. But in 2012, I found my soul in doing what I did best at the time. Doing Logo Blooper videos. Now that my version of Logo Bloopers is canceled, I have to find something that I might put my heart into it.

MATTERSGAME

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2014
YouTube
mattersgame
My story on YouTube started almost 10 years ago, back in 2007, I used to watch other people's videos, but in 2008, I started uploading clips of a certain game show. Then in 2010, I did my own game show project, it was a flop. But in 2012, I found my soul in doing what I did best at the time. Doing Logo Blooper videos. Now that my version of Logo Bloopers is canceled, I have to find something that I might put my heart into it.
It's awesome to hear your story :) I hope you continue to follow your dreams and you'll find what your passionate for! Just keep trying new things :D

Reactions: Metis Television

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
My first ever video was back in 2012. It was part 1 of my first ever Let's Play of a game called World in Conflict. I was using a crappy laptop and a crappy mic. It got 2376 views, 7,563 minutes watched, audience retention was an average of 3:10 which is 30.3%. I like to think that I have improved with my equipment, commentary, editing, etc.

Swandezvous

Rising User
Mar 30, 2017
Oregon
swandezvous.com
YouTube
swandezvous
Man, I started a long time ago, and really didn't realize at all what I had... which tends to be my story. I've got all this resource at my finger tips, which I enjoy, and I even use to some degree, but I seem to always be the last person to understand the power that's really in it. Especially as a performing musician.

C

Corpfox

My first video was in 2009, showcasing a game called: Dai Senryaku Exceed VII.
Its similar to Advance Wars on the GBA.
Mine isn't a glamorous story, just show off the games I play. Was recording from the PS2 but when I had no TV, recorded from PC.