FFF Your FINAL chance to win Steam games!

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder

It's time for the final cut! The last few weeks have been manic, so it's best if you grab some popcorn, maybe a brew and sit back and relax.

~~ Announcements ~~

4 Days Remain - June Contest!
The title is no lie, this is your final chance to submit your entries for the June Contest. For those who don't know what this is, let me briefly run you down. In Anaheim, CA, the 8th Annual VidCon is due to finish tomorrow, however our contest does not require you to physically go to VidCon, all we ask is for you to give us a small response on who you would like to meet the most if you were to go, why you would meet them and what makes them stand out. If this sounds interesting, there is still time left, just head to https://freedom.community.tm/threads/june-forum-contest-100-worth-of-game-keys.226876/, write up a quick 300 word response (maximum) and share it with us before the 27th of June.

Good Luck!

State it, consider it and add it!
If you've been paying attention recently (or you are a beta tester and you know more than most), you will be noticing something that might be coming soon to the forums.. or shall I say, returning.
If you still can't guess it, maybe this will help you out. (CR)

That is right, the forum currency will be back. Soon anyway, but before it is released to the public, we have one more thing to do. We want to consolidate the public's ideas on what the Credit store will contain, so if you have any idea at all, state it in the comments of this post and we might consider it and if you're lucky, we'll add it!

Ooh look, a Media tab!
I have seen that some partners have used our newly added Media section to essentially build an archive of their videos uploaded from YouTube so that other users could search for specific things and watch a related video with a few clicks. From what I know (Trust me, I have been lost the last week or so), the Media section will be replacing our good old friend, Promote Yourself, due to the lack of following rules.

As of the launch of Media, every addition to the section will require a member of staff to approve your entry, to ensure you are following the rules and it is acceptable for the forums, similar to the giveaway section.

A wiki for the nitty-gritty!
Nearly there for the announcements, we have had a lot of things happening these past weeks which we have not been able to announce all at once. Fairly recently, we have been building small pages within a wiki which will allow you to search for specific things which may (or may not) have an answer to. Keep your eye out throughout the next few weeks, we may have some more announcements to make.

But now it is time to be slightly serious, because of the lengthy announcements, the milestone section will be cut short to spare the length of this post.

~~ Milestones ~~

Even though this week it must be cut short, there is one person that I want to congratulate for their amazing growth and that is @IdleHeroes. We understand that milestone can be exciting, however if you add a comparision to it, like what you were one month or more ago, it really sparks how much you have grown. Looking at your figures, you have nearly doubled in both subscribers and views overall, which is why I am spotlighting you today.

So that's it for another week, which do you think was the most deserving of our mentions?
We are also looking to showcase the very best of your contributions to the forums, so if you have a tip, resource, service, milestone or introduction thread that you think should be showcased then please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala_Steamed

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Wow, a ton happening this week and I missed half of it lol

Regarding credits I do believe they are good (excluding the one bug) though I do believe updating your profile is way too good at the moment and likes are a bit too low on credits. Other than that the top credits thing broke which also happened lol [still salty about my 3000 or something credits xD]

I'm excited on how the media section will end up and really waiting to write stuff for the wiki (Knowing my luck everything will be released during my holiday in koala land again)!

Regarding @Fourth Wall Games I understand your decision to leave the mod team, you've been working hard on making the forums a better place and I hope you'll keep doing something you like in the future.
Two staff members in literally a week whew laddy

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Wow! Some really big announcements.
so. That pesky koalas FINNALY found his gumtree again and is ready to re-open the store hey?
Maybe we could have lowered prices (they seem too high) and maybe people could buy permissions to post In certain areas such as the promote yourself? It's a dumping ground as it is.

I believe a good addition to the forums would be a VIP section for long time members, previous MOTM and people recognised by the staff.

About the wiki. I demand to have a TLDR page! Koala, that page better be up or I'm coming to burn down your gumtree xD jk

Best wishes to @Fourth Wall Games for all your future endeavours you have had great contribution to the forums and your work hasn't gone unnoticed. I hope to see you around!

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
A lot happening all the sudden, I noticed the credits been back, it would be nice if there wasn't a whole load of 0's after the number on the top right though, its a bit much. I'm assuming things I got in the store will still work. The media section is good, I'd still say the main page is a bit small & you can't add playlists (or upload in bulk) yet but otherwise its good. The wiki is nice to see though it certainly could look better, it hardly looks professional right now. its sad to see another moderator go :(, best of luck in the future @Fourth Wall Games.​