Anime and Cartoons Yakusoku no Neverland [Manga Review] Highly Recommended !

Talk about all things anime and cartoons here! UwU

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Ok, first things first. This manga is Amazing.

Moving on, This is a mystery/psychological manga and quite a good one while at it. It has some fantasy / supernatural elements to it, but would mainly be psychological mystery. For those who do not know my tastes, I Loooove this kind of genre.

On to the manga !
I will try to keep this as spoiler free as I can.
The main setting is an orphanage where a lot of kids under age of 12 live. They live happy lives here with tasty food, loving caretaker and lots of friends to play with. But there is a dark secret behind this orphanage. What could be the reason for such strict rules, set boundaries outdoors and even daily testing of the kids intelligence ?

The main character for this manga would be Emma, while this manga does not strictly set Emma as the main character, the story is told, for the most part, from the viewpoint of hers.

~ Review ~

Art style of the manga, while not full color, is overall very clean and nice looking. The style is pretty and appears to be cheerful, that brings out some contrast to the story.

Story for the manga is mainly based on the mystery. Everything unravels very slowly, information about the world is very limited and every clue you get only adds to the questions. Overall the mystery is built up over the first chapter (which is extended length of 50 pages) and trough out the series the main characters are unraveling the dark mysteries bit by bit. Quite an enjoyable experience ! If we had to take it more chapter by chapter, the feel of the story reminds me a bit of Detective Conan and maybe some No game No life, because each separate chapter has a kind of mind game between characters.

Character growth is kind of limited, the series is not that long yet, only over 30 chapters. Characters are, I would say, being revealed to what they really are, rather than being built up as they grow. Non the less, there is quite the amount of characters (non talking about side characters that no one really cares about) and each of them gets some amount of unique personality.

To sum it up. I highly recommend this manga to anyone who likes reading mystery/psychological manga ! Overall this manga had captured me and prevented me from sleeping until I've finished all of the current chapters :D
In short, just go read first chapter, if that does not catch your attention leave it. But 1st chapter is A MUST !

List of other cool manga and reviews - CLICK HERE :D

Last edited: