Xbox or PS4?

Vortex265

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 20, 2014
England
YouTube
VortexTweet
I have this issue with my friendship groups, they are both on Xbox and PS4 and I have both of those consoles, however when it comes to getting one game, I prefer only having one copy of it.

I was thinking of leaving my PS4 as a exclusive only console, as in play the PS4 only games.

However, the non-exclusive I get for XBOX, but both parties will want me to play certain games that I want to own to one specific party. For example, this year I am decisive of either getting COD WW2 for PS4 or XBOX. I don't mind early DLC because you still receive it on both consoles.

What do you think I should go with?

DogMan Dan

Gamer/Content Creator
Freedom! Member
I think PC master race. PS4+ membership costs a lot less per year than XB1 does so you decide if you are going to be using a console. Otherwise you could go with the platform you personally prefer most as it is not up to your friends to make that choice for you.

Reactions: Vortex265

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As mentioned by DogMan Dan its ultimately your decision to make, not ours or your friends. Having the PS4 as an exclusive only is a good idea, but as you said the issue arises when you get non-exclusive titles which you may need to play on both consoles.

Reactions: Vortex265

Vortex265

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 20, 2014
England
YouTube
VortexTweet
I would prefer if only PC existed, but you see it's not friends making my decision I would ask them but you know. It's that if I'm playing games like call of duty or some co op game I would prefer to have that availability towards having mates to play with. I'll just have to wait and see, thanks guys.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
I strongly choose Playstation 4, just because I personally believe they are more sustainable, run better than the Xbox One and more people are on there. Downsides could class backwards compatibility, however if you have the games on the old generation anyway, who really cares about playing it on new gen? If it isn't remastered, the quality isn't gonna be that better.

As you mentioned, the exclusive deal, which yes both get it eventually, but it will always be the USP of Playstation 4. Now if you were talking about Playstation 4 Pro and the Xbox One X, I will definitely say Xbox One X, since it wasn't rushed and lives up to expectations.

Vortex265

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 20, 2014
England
YouTube
VortexTweet
I grew up with Nintendo, doesn't mean I always stuck with it.

However I do own the Switch, it was a very worthy buy. Good exclusive titles upcoming.

Xbox One rarely has much to offer apart from the new Xbox One X, but not many exclusive games as such.

PS4 has many exclusives which is what it is known for. Kind of the same as the switch except more multiplatform games such as Call of Duty, or Battlefield.

PC...well my friends seem to be too poor to own one so you know haha. I only play single player games as such or modded games on this platform.[DOUBLEPOST=1498002683][/DOUBLEPOST]I also understand it is rightfully my decision, however I play these games whether to understand a story mode or to play online co-op/multiplayer with real life known team mates or online met people.

Im basically choosing what friendship group to stick around with.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
I have this issue with my friendship groups, they are both on Xbox and PS4 and I have both of those consoles, however when it comes to getting one game, I prefer only having one copy of it.

I was thinking of leaving my PS4 as a exclusive only console, as in play the PS4 only games.

However, the non-exclusive I get for XBOX, but both parties will want me to play certain games that I want to own to one specific party. For example, this year I am decisive of either getting COD WW2 for PS4 or XBOX. I don't mind early DLC because you still receive it on both consoles.

You know. I'm sick of these console wars. Why can't people just get along. It used to be that if your friend got a new game or a new console they would invite you over to play it and everyone would have a great time but nowadays it's like world war 3 console vs console.
Each console has its own benefits and drawbacks. I personally love Xbox for the FORZA series and I also love PS for uncharted.

to answe your question. It's entirely on personal preference. Just get it on the console you feel better playing it on or love more (without console wars starting up) xD
For example if you've had better experience playing COD on PS4 then get it on PS4 same with Xbox.

Good luck :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

Go with what you prefer, wich console do you play most with friends and go with that :)