Will You Buy Windows 10

rebelreuben

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 21, 2015
YouTube
Windows 10 will be free for people who have windows 7 and windows 8. However it will only be a free upgrade for the first year i believe. I will most likely upgrade to windows 10 but i will have it on a separate partition so that i still have windows 7 and windows 10. As i know for a fact that straight away, some games will not be compatible with this new OS

Reactions: Kooky

rebelreuben

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 21, 2015
YouTube
Actually back in the day, they said the same thing with windows 7 from windows xp. Is windows 10 built around windows 7 architecture or windows 8? this i am unsure with

swingerdinger

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2015
YouTube
Windows 10 will be free for people who have windows 7 and windows 8. However it will only be a free upgrade for the first year i believe. I will most likely upgrade to windows 10 but i will have it on a separate partition so that i still have windows 7 and windows 10. As i know for a fact that straight away, some games will not be compatible with this new OS

If you upgrade in the first year, its free for life. You only have to purchase if you upgrade after the first year of release.

rebelreuben

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 21, 2015
YouTube
If you upgrade in the first year, its free for life. You only have to purchase if you upgrade after the first year of release.

Yeah I know that's what I meant. After this first year if you haven't upgraded it costs but if you upgraded in the first year it's free forever then. I explained it badly lol

BBphoniex Gaming

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2015
India
YouTube
BBphoniex
Actually they have designed it to be compatible, so probably only 1 or 2 old games will not work.
Yeah it will be compatible with 90% of games.[DOUBLEPOST=1434902873][/DOUBLEPOST]
why buy when most will get it free
which one you will upgrade enterprise or professional.[DOUBLEPOST=1434902924][/DOUBLEPOST]
why buy when most will get it free
which one you will upgrade enterprise or professional.

MikeCoco

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 11, 2014
YouTube
Yeah it will be compatible with 90% of games.[DOUBLEPOST=1434902873][/DOUBLEPOST]
which one you will upgrade enterprise or professional.[DOUBLEPOST=1434902924][/DOUBLEPOST]
You get which version you currently have.

Allegro1225

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
YouTube
Allegro1225

Just an fyi....Enterprise and Professional versions will NOT be eligible for the free upgrade, according to Microsoft.

Allegro1225

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
YouTube
Allegro1225
I thought it was free.. Someone can confirm its paid?

If you qualify (which means running a legitimate Home version of Windows 7 or 8.1), it is free to upgrade for the first year, and updates will be free for the life of your device. Afterwards, it will cost $99 to upgrade if you didn't take advantage of the free offer in the first year.