Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Hobby

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Gamie

Rising User
Sep 20, 2017
YouTube
a hobby but i'd also want to have it a fund sourse.A fund source for my dreams from something that i love.

17fthigh

Rising User
Sep 18, 2017
Latvia
YouTube
snappysounds
started as hobby but i think that i'm going to take it to another level since i'm already receiving emails of not released songs etc. also my channel is growing so quickly that i actually see making some money with it couple months later.

pinaypencilart

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Pretty much both. It started out being kinda money, as the youtube videos were intended to promote my art. That's all well and good, but I see more and more people having fun making videos. I started trying the vlog thing. Turns out, it's quite a lot of fun and people seem to like it even more than my art. :D

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Both, not making much dough at the moment but I'd happily do this for the rest of my life if I was offered a house and living essentials in return. I like the achievement of it as well. Every new subgoal reached and big video that comes out brings such an awesome feeling.

Empyragon

Freedom! Member
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
Empyragon
I started doing youtube because i wanted to lose as much as possible of my social anxiety. I was too afraid to go outside and actually talk to people but i really wanted to become more social, so doing youtube became a nice way of gradually getting myself out there and getting comfy with talking and sharing my opinions and ideas! While doing this i started enjoying making content more and more so it became a hobby :D

RAB2784LetsPlays

Rising User
Jan 23, 2015
YouTube
As a hobby and I find recording and editing a great stress release as I have autism but of course if money had to come along as well that would be nice haha

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Lol, at my size its not even remotly viable as a job, I feel i would be burnt out too quiclly if I did it as a full time job. I just enjoy sharing monents and making weird and fun videos. I really do care for the money or views, its just a bit of fun for me.​

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I mean it's always been a hobby but that doesn't mean I can't have an end goal of turning it into a job some day. So you could probably say mixture of both honestly but it's way more hobby than anything else right now.