Who is a full-time Youtuber?

NinjaZombieGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
NZGsNinja
in the aspect of what i do with my time? yes. Do i make a living? no. I have made about $300 on youtube in the past 2 years that i've been doing this channel, so in reality im not a "full time youtuhber" however youtube is the only thing i do, i put a solid 50-60 hours into youtube each week minimum. i wake up i record, i watch some videos i read comments, i go on forums, i edit, i upload i sleep (ofcoarse theres meals and stuff in there somewhere) i actually treat weekends like "normal people" as in i don't do youtube on weekends, i hang out with my girlfriend or occasionally a friend, and when it gets warm outside i plan to start doing motorcycle videos on top of the videos i do now. and when i say i don't do youtube on weekends well i mean i dont record most of the time. some times i record if i need to keep up with my schedule of uploading two daily videos but i still always edit and check forums and watch videos on how to better my content and how to get better quality audio and video i generally record 5-6 hours of footage in a day for instance today was 5 hours of footage, so in a sense i consider my self a "full time youtuber" because of how much time i put into it, but i dont really get paid enough to consider myself a "full time youtuber" ive only recently started putting this much time in though sincefrom may until october of last year i had a "normal job" where i literally worked 60-80 hours a week ( i made good money obviously lol) so i barely had time to make videos but i still made them as much as i could.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Southern Belle

New User
Jan 25, 2016
YouTube
Hey Guys!

I've been looking for a "real" job for the last month and it just got me wondering: Who here in the Freedom Network is a full-time Youtuber? Where the only income is from doing youtube videos. Or just most of the income.

Who is actually living off of Youtube?

Just was wondering :)

Cheers Guys! :D

Oh How I wish I could, but with 25 subscibers I will need a lot of zeros' behind that count...

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I'm going to put up that you'll likely see a ridiculous drop by the end of Christmas. CPM's will collapse (again) and your income will be [at least] halved.
No offense but thinking about things in that way would only make someone feel demotivated constantly. I'm sure that wasn't your intention but I think some people could feel that way reading things like that. I would feel good getting anything at all. I remember I felt great when I noticed that I had made my first cent though in actuality I really hadn't due to the percentage cut :p But, it proved to me that I could make money off of my passion which is good for the reason that if one day I could make more and more that would mean that I would have more and more time to create content and higher quality content at that. This last year after Freedom's share I made about $4. I put in I don't know how many hours upon hours of work into my channel and yes that's less that one hour's pay at a minimum wage job here in the US but just the fact that I got somewhere from nothing meant tons to me. So I advice people to not get overly worried about CPM's dropping or things like that and just do what you love and the rest will work itself out. It is most certainly good to be aware of the situation and stay informed so you can be focusing on the right goals but what I'm saying is to stay focused on the positive aspects like just having fun and meeting people. If enough people notice, who knows how successful your channel will become. However, if you demotivate yourself to just quit then like George said in a recent video, "Giving up is the worst thing you can do, it's the guaranteed way to fail". Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott_Plays

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
No offense but thinking about things in that way would only make someone feel demotivated constantly. I'm sure that wasn't your intention but I think some people could feel that way reading things like that. I would feel good getting anything at all. I remember I felt great when I noticed that I had made my first cent though in actuality I really hadn't due to the percentage cut :p But, it proved to me that I could make money off of my passion which is good for the reason that if one day I could make more and more that would mean that I would have more and more time to create content and higher quality content at that. This last year after Freedom's share I made about $4. I put in I don't know how many hours upon hours of work into my channel and yes that's less that one hour's pay at a minimum wage job here in the US but just the fact that I got somewhere from nothing meant tons to me. So I advice people to not get overly worried about CPM's dropping or things like that and just do what you love and the rest will work itself out. It is most certainly good to be aware of the situation and stay informed so you can be focusing on the right goals but what I'm saying is to stay focused on the positive aspects like just having fun and meeting people. If enough people notice, who knows how successful your channel will become. However, if you demotivate yourself to just quit then like George said in a recent video, "Giving up is the worst thing you can do, it's the guaranteed way to fail". Good luck everyone.
I always try to demotivate small channel owners who are in it for the money, or try to move their attention to another aspect. It's a hobby before all else, and money only matters when it can pay your bills.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I always try to demotivate small channel owners who are in it for the money, or try to move their attention to another aspect. It's a hobby before all else, and money only matters when it can pay your bills.
Oh ok I guess it was your intention then. Well I totally get where you're coming from but the thing is it seems like you're projecting your beliefs onto others. Now this is just my opinion but it seems like your being dogmatic as in if people think differently about it then they deserve to be destroyed! Just because they say money is a goal of theirs doesn't mean it's the only goal and just because you believe that money is only important if you can pay bills with it doesn't mean other people believe that either. I mean honestly that is really silly. Even saying it has to be a hobby before all else. I mean no offense once again but whatever people want to do with their free time is their own business. As long as they're not hurting anybody else then they can do as they please even if you may not agree with it. Not to mention you're not in their mind. You can't begin to believe that you know their motivations trough and trough from a few sentences. I totally get your intentions, I really do. I think in your mind and this is just my opinion that you believe you're really just saving them time and trouble or somehow cleaning up the YouTube landscape? Well all I'm saying is that it's a valiant effort but just be careful about jumping to conclusions about people and being overly negative or demotivational before you even truly know what they're about. I always prefer constructive criticism myself like this paragraph actually.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Oh ok I guess it was your intention then. Well I totally get where you're coming from but the thing is it seems like you're projecting your beliefs onto others. Now this is just my opinion but it seems like your being dogmatic as in if people think differently about it then they deserve to be destroyed!

No so much destroyed as redirected. It's for their own benefit in the end since if you're in it for the money, it shows in your content, and viewer hate it.
I can see someone joining for money on the circumstance that they're desperate and are looking for enhancement somewhere, but they should have some kind of direction and plan before starting. A business plan, if you will.

Here's an idea (going with a thought train here) that might help my own opinion on these topics as well as others of similar nature.
If you're going in it for the money, have a business plan, have a direction. Figuring out the specific direction that you want to go in all aspects of your channel is just as important as getting started. Consider the following.

A user who joins and thinks "I want to be big" is not as well directed as the one who goes "I want to be big, but in this way, and work with this to create this". In which case, joining for personally monetary gain would all be about the planning, since a business rarely takes off if you jump into it without considering the ridiculous amount of variables.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
No so much destroyed as redirected. It's for their own benefit in the end since if you're in it for the money, it shows in your content, and viewer hate it.
I can see someone joining for money on the circumstance that they're desperate and are looking for enhancement somewhere, but they should have some kind of direction and plan before starting. A business plan, if you will.

Here's an idea (going with a thought train here) that might help my own opinion on these topics as well as others of similar nature.
If you're going in it for the money, have a business plan, have a direction. Figuring out the specific direction that you want to go in all aspects of your channel is just as important as getting started. Consider the following.

A user who joins and thinks "I want to be big" is not as well directed as the one who goes "I want to be big, but in this way, and work with this to create this". In which case, joining for personally monetary gain would all be about the planning, since a business rarely takes off if you jump into it without considering the ridiculous amount of variables.
I totally agree with all of that but that's what I'm saying that you just like me has no way of truly knowing completely what they are even planning or have planned already. I mean if someone outright makes it clear to me and says something like, "yo, I'm gonna be rich b@!**, I'm shooting straight to the top in a month!" then yeah I could see what you're saying. I'm just saying it's good to not jump to conclusions about people and if anything, give them constructive criticism. That's how I would personally handle that anyway but I mean you do have some valid points, it just depends how we go about opening up people's eyes I believe.

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
Doing YouTube full time? I mean you can say that being half of my day is recording,editing,and uploading. Do I get all my money from it? No, and I don't think I would want to. The way I see it YouTube can have the Disney Channel Effect. Take this person who is who they want to be and hold them into something they don't want to be or what they feel they need to be.

So in short I would say im a full time YouTuber because I spend around 40+ hours a week when it comes to making the video. I do this because I like to do it and I feel maybe one day ill be able to make videos to help people more then I would now. Now I would be going on a rant but there are people like Noahj456 who stream and then use that stream as a video without editing or anything and get all these views and leave people like me who spend almost a day in making a quality video for the purpose of only YouTube.

With all that being said I see a job of any kind of being like a stepping stone towards a greater happiness. I mean look at Russell Simmons he was someone trying to make ends meet and now hes huge and worth billions. So I see my actual job as like the sponsorship that keep my real dream job alive so Yes, YouTube is my full time job.

I think I went on a tangent :p

r0lf

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
Greece
YouTube
r0lfTW
I wish that my hobbie and my passion could become my <<job>> even thow it would never be a <<real>> job since i will do it more because i love it and not so much for the money...but i dont think so that i will ever be able to do something like that

Scott_Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I wish that my hobbie and my passion could become my <<job>> even thow it would never be a <<real>> job since i will do it more because i love it and not so much for the money...but i dont think so that i will ever be able to do something like that

I don't like that last sentence of yours! ;) I'm a hockey goalie, (small club in Switzerland, but that's not the relevant part) but if there is on lesson I can apply from that position to pretty much anything in Live, it's that "If you think about letting in a shot, you will not be able to stop it." It's all about having a healthy bit of confidence. :)