YouTube Who are your favorite Youtubers and why?

kurtislowe08

Rising User
Jul 11, 2016
YouTube
Definitely Rhett and LInk with Good Mythical Morning. Those guys are so talented and funny. And their friendship is awesome.
We also love the FunnelVision/FGTeeV/SkylanderBoyandGirl/DohMuchFUn family. At first I thought they were annoying but now we watch them all the time. Very entertaining stuff.

physco mantiss

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
ireland
YouTube
Sorry i really should have mentioned itsgwc he has the oddest view on video games and reviews in a strange fashion sometimes wont even mention the game hes reviewing but hes brilliant

DJNana

New User
Sep 16, 2016
I'll make it a list:
1. Markiplier : Basically my Inspiration on starting a Channel on Gaming and helping others.
2. Matthew Santoro : He's my encyclopedia, a great inspiration and overall good guy.
I'd love to know why you (and so many other people, obviously!) love Markiplier so much. Not hating on Mark, I'm genuinely interested. I've been subbed to him for a month, listened to his podcast interview with Rhett & Link, watched so many of his videos... and honestly I can't see why people watch him. He has super long videos, I have to skip through all the boring parts, he doesn't edit enough... your thoughts?

V

Varlais Alata

My favorite youtuber is koi fresco, he inpires me (and I'm sure, many others) to be a better person :)

7BitBrian

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 1, 2016
YouTube
MikeB
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY-T9lDJ2Mcob5YslazNjBw

The man is without a doubt the realist youtuber on the platform, puts out amazing content, a variety of content(gaming, photography, tech, music, etc...), and actually interacts with and befriends his community. IMO he's the best on youtube atm if you're looking at the gaming world, and he deserves a lot more attention than he currently garnishes.

Like I said most of his stuff is based around gaming, but if you want to learn a bit more about youtube and how to make it on youtube then watch the videos below. While they apply mainly to gaming you can apply the concepts to all forms of content.

Some of them are older, but I feel the content is still relevant and could maybe help a lot of us newer channels here on Freedom.

Reactions: Nostalgic Gamer

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
MikeB
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY-T9lDJ2Mcob5YslazNjBw

The man is without a doubt the realist youtuber on the platform, puts out amazing content, a variety of content(gaming, photography, tech, music, etc...), and actually interacts with and befriends his community. IMO he's the best on youtube atm if you're looking at the gaming world, and he deserves a lot more attention than he currently garnishes.

Like I said most of his stuff is based around gaming, but if you want to learn a bit more about youtube and how to make it on youtube then watch the videos below. While they apply mainly to gaming you can apply the concepts to all forms of content.

Some of them are older, but I feel the content is still relevant and could maybe help a lot of us newer channels here on Freedom.
I like it. Very informative videos. Extremely helpful for other YouTubers that are having a little bit of trouble getting their name out there.

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
I'd love to know why you (and so many other people, obviously!) love Markiplier so much. Not hating on Mark, I'm genuinely interested. I've been subbed to him for a month, listened to his podcast interview with Rhett & Link, watched so many of his videos... and honestly I can't see why people watch him. He has super long videos, I have to skip through all the boring parts, he doesn't edit enough... your thoughts?

YouTube has changed the rules to where in order for YouTubers to get paid, they need to make videos that are longer than 10 mins. A lot of the videos that he make, he cannot edit them because of what he is playing. I'd the game has an important piece of dialog in it, he cannot edit it out. As for the length of the video, I think that it is more of a preference. Look at JacSepticEye's videos, they are all long but at the same time, entertaining.

gunsage

Freedom! Member
Well, there are a variety of reasons I come to youtube. When I was still working in IT, I would often check out various tech and science channels, but I didn't have any one in particular that I would check out. I would often check out various political happenings to try to keep up on them, but even then, I didn't have any one in particular I would recommend to everyone. So really, the only other 2 things I checked out were gaming and scary story narrations.

For gaming, I would recommend Markiplier, Game Grumps, and probably Jim Sterling (yeah he's a little out there, but I used to be on a forum with him way back, so I'm always happy to see him doing well). As far as creepy readings, well, there are a lot, but I think my favorites are probably Hellfreezer, Troubled Dreams, Lazy Masquerade, and MichaelLeroi (his bad creepypasta readings are hilarious).

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
Well, there are a variety of reasons I come to youtube. When I was still working in IT, I would often check out various tech and science channels, but I didn't have any one in particular that I would check out. I would often check out various political happenings to try to keep up on them, but even then, I didn't have any one in particular I would recommend to everyone. So really, the only other 2 things I checked out were gaming and scary story narrations.

For gaming, I would recommend Markiplier, Game Grumps, and probably Jim Sterling (yeah he's a little out there, but I used to be on a forum with him way back, so I'm always happy to see him doing well). As far as creepy readings, well, there are a lot, but I think my favorites are probably Hellfreezer, Troubled Dreams, Lazy Masquerade, and MichaelLeroi (his bad creepypasta readings are hilarious).

I am studying to get into the IT field. Cool. I love Game Grumps and markiplier. They are both awesome. Who did you work for before?

gunsage

Freedom! Member
Still working for the same company, but sadly budget cuts caused a 10% slash in our IT department enterprise-wide. I'm holding out for first quarter because they should reopen the position at that time. If not, well, it's time for me to move on. They have me back on the phones doing the highest level of tech support, which is less than desirable, but at least I'm still employed.