Klahn's Clinic

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 19, 2018
YouTube
I currently use the free version of lightworks 14 to edit all of my videos, but I have been thinking about upgrading to a more "professional" editor. The ones that I've been looking at are magix video pro X10, Vegas 14 edit, and PowerDirector 17. I'm leaning towards Vegas and PowerDirector due to the price, and the fact that I don't need super advanced features. Has anyone used these, and if so, is it worth upgrading or should I just stick with lightworks?

P.S. I have looked at adobe premiere, but I'd rather have a one and done kind of deal, not a subscription.[DOUBLEPOST=1542899509][/DOUBLEPOST]If anyone is having the same question, I've decided to go with PowerDirector (with the help of student discounts, I got the whole package for only $100)

Last edited:

FireAngel64

Sep 17, 2018
YouTube
xxFA64xx
I currently use the free version of lightworks 14 to edit all of my videos, but I have been thinking about upgrading to a more "professional" editor. The ones that I've been looking at are magix video pro X10, Vegas 14 edit, and PowerDirector 17. I'm leaning towards Vegas and PowerDirector due to the price, and the fact that I don't need super advanced features. Has anyone used these, and if so, is it worth upgrading or should I just stick with lightworks?

P.S. I have looked at adobe premiere, but I'd rather have a one and done kind of deal, not a subscription.[DOUBLEPOST=1542899509][/DOUBLEPOST]If anyone is having the same question, I've decided to go with PowerDirector (with the help of student discounts, I got the whole package for only $100)
hitfilm express is whhat I use

Realnews

New User
Feb 25, 2019
I've got Nero 2015 editing software. It's not bad at all. It is quite easy to use and quick to learn. And it's not expensive to buy either.