Resources What Type of Camera Should I Get?

Tilairgan

Rising User
Jun 7, 2016
YouTube
Tilairgan
So I am planning on improving the production value for my videos. I've set up a green screen and am looking for a good camera that captures both good quality footage for doing vlogs and discussion videos in front of a green screen (So I can put myself in the corner of footage or just give myself a fancy background) and good records good sound quality. My budget can go just a bit over $1,000. I've looked over a few websites, but they haven't been much help. I thought I'd go to actual creators for help in this matter. Any advice?

Astinax

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2014
YouTube
astinax98
If you want a very good camera for a lower price, I would recommend a Canon EOS Rebel T4i/T5i/T6i.
agreed, I have the 750D and it's really good! You might also want to get a shotgun microphone, perhaps a rode videomic or a shure vp83. Or perhaps look into getting a lapel mic if you're gonna be doing shots where you only need the sound of your voice :)

BigTinyTimTim

Rising User
Jan 26, 2017
YouTube
BigTinyTimTim
Any HD logitech webcam will work wonders for you! I recently upgraded to an Elecam 4k action camera. It will record 1080p HD @60fps, and it relieves my computer of trying to record a webcam and game at the same time. It cost me $50 USD at the time, and was well worth the investment!

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
if you're just looking for a "sit down vlog" camera or something for gameplay the logitech c920 or c930e is usually fine. there's absolutely no reason to go buy a fancy DSLR unless you are devoted to learning how to properly use it which can take months for full understanding with regular use in many lighting situations.

Tilairgan

Rising User
Jun 7, 2016
YouTube
Tilairgan
if you're just looking for a "sit down vlog" camera or something for gameplay the logitech c920 or c930e is usually fine. there's absolutely no reason to go buy a fancy DSLR unless you are devoted to learning how to properly use it which can take months for full understanding with regular use in many lighting situations.
Thank you, Anthony! I may also consider using the camera for other things than just vlogs, so I'm going to look at other types of cameras, but thank you for the input!

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Thank you, Anthony! I may also consider using the camera for other things than just vlogs, so I'm going to look at other types of cameras, but thank you for the input!
Another note is that if you're looking to tote it around a lot a cannon t3 or t5 won't be ideal. these are rather large and combersome but i've had good results with my cannon sx 700 hs which shoots in 1080p at 60fps