What Mic do you use?

RossIncYT

Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2016
YouTube
So I use a Blue Yeti right now but I'm interested in what the people of the community use, I'm also thinking of upgrading to an XLR mic.

Dialoro

New User
Jul 26, 2017
I used some $20 headset. Then I got a free mic. It was a mic for the game We Sing. XD

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I use Samson C01U Pro which is a really nice and cheap condenser mic and I love using it
And if u want to buy an XLR mic then u have to buy an audio interface as well and that is why Blue Yeti is better in terms of XLR because u don't need something extra as its a USB mic

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983

Capt_Dark

Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2017
YouTube
I use Samson C01U Pro which is a really nice and cheap condenser mic and I love using it
And if u want to buy an XLR mic then u have to buy an audio interface as well and that is why Blue Yeti is better in terms of XLR because u don't need something extra as its a USB mic
People are right saying getting an audio interface BUT I recommend getting this also

DBX 286s Microphone Pre-amp Processor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LWH79A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5jHEzbDZZ1842

It provides CLEAN gain and enough to power most xlr mics it has a multitude of features like noise reduction de esser output multiplier and a noise gate this a purchase you won't regret check out my videos and yoy can tell how quiet it is I don't do ANY post audio processing with it.

Forgot to mention that it also keeps you from having to turn up the gain on yout interface keeping the audio cleaner

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGaminCentral

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
People are right saying getting an audio interface BUT I recommend getting this also

DBX 286s Microphone Pre-amp Processor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LWH79A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5jHEzbDZZ1842

It provides CLEAN gain and enough to power most xlr mics it has a multitude of features like noise reduction de esser output multiplier and a noise gate this a purchase you won't regret check out my videos and yoy can tell how quiet it is I don't do ANY post audio processing with it.

Forgot to mention that it also keeps you from having to turn up the gain on yout interface keeping the audio cleaner
Yea those are a lot better

RossIncYT

Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2016
YouTube

I know what mic setup I plan to get its pretty good so yea hopefully I can get it soon

TheCodyNetwork

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
TheCodyNetwork
The microphone that I am currently using is called the AT2020USB+. It is a very good microphone for recording any types of commentary. I used the Blue Yeti for a while, but realized it picked up too much white noise and was a difficult fit onto any mic stand. I eventually settled with this one and have been using it since December of 2016. The AT2020USB+ is a lot smaller than the Blue Yeti and was able to fit into a cheap mic stand. This microphone also comes with headset volume control and other interesting features. It's a decently-priced microphone, that can plug into a normal USB slot (instead of an XLR mic; which in my opinion, any XLR microphone is a whole lot more difficult to hook up than any easy-to-use USB microphone like this one or the Blue Yeti.), with tons of great features that can help a YouTuber out with recording. It is an equal match with the Blue Yeti, but I am happier with the AT2020USB+. I definitely recommend this microphone!
But, if you are interested in purchasing an XLR microphone, there is another version of the AT2020USB+ called the AT2020, which is simply the XLR version of the USB+.

On amazon.com, the microphones differ in price as shown:
AT2020USB+ (which I am using and I recommend): $149.00 (+ Possible Shipping)
AT2020 (XLR) $99.00 (+ Possible Shipping)

(Don't let the prices fool you! :p) I only had to pay $135.00 without shipping during December because of the sales!

I hope this helps! :D:):D

RossIncYT

Freedom! Member
Oct 29, 2016
YouTube
The microphone that I am currently using is called the AT2020USB+. It is a very good microphone for recording any types of commentary. I used the Blue Yeti for a while, but realized it picked up too much white noise and was a difficult fit onto any mic stand. I eventually settled with this one and have been using it since December of 2016. The AT2020USB+ is a lot smaller than the Blue Yeti and was able to fit into a cheap mic stand. This microphone also comes with headset volume control and other interesting features. It's a decently-priced microphone, that can plug into a normal USB slot (instead of an XLR mic; which in my opinion, any XLR microphone is a whole lot more difficult to hook up than any easy-to-use USB microphone like this one or the Blue Yeti.), with tons of great features that can help a YouTuber out with recording. It is an equal match with the Blue Yeti, but I am happier with the AT2020USB+. I definitely recommend this microphone!
But, if you are interested in purchasing an XLR microphone, there is another version of the AT2020USB+ called the AT2020, which is simply the XLR version of the USB+.

(Don't let the prices fool you! :p) I only had to pay $135.00 without shipping during December because of the sales!

Im looking into getting an Audio Technica AT2035

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube

Yea AT2020 USB is an easy to plug in microphone and is a really good condenser microphone and its really good and the XLR one is cheaper than the USB one but if u get the XLR one u have to get something that can provide power to that microphone so in total it costs the same as the USB one so its better to get the USB one

Reactions: TheCodyNetwork

Capt_Dark

Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2017
YouTube
I know what mic setup I plan to get its pretty good so yea hopefully I can get it soon
Took me a couple of years to get my setup right and IF I upgrade my mic in the future to a condenser my dbx has a 48v phanton power option also im all around set plz make sure you research your setup you will be surprised at the last minute at what you do or don't like after you have committed I made so many mistakes along the way