What is your favorite boss theme?

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
This has been probably been done, but I still would like to know! I played games since I was 3 years old, so 25 years now, and the 1st songs we had back in the day were 8 or 16 bit, and when you listen to them again remastered...doesn't that make you feel a chill on you spine? it sure does for me!
Now tell me, what are your top fav boss themes?

5:

One song that was remastered by Nobuo Uematsu....and sorry this is a classic, from MIDI to freaking GUITTARS!!! Just have to add, and yes it's fith because i think there are more music that makes me HYPED and avange children battle compleat edition is even more hyped, if you havent seen it, I highly recomend it ♥

Final Fantasy 9 was my 1st in the franchise, and honestly is my fav in the series.
This song got me so hyped I fought Kuja over and over just to listen to it! Yeah i could just let the game on and hear it without fighting, but for me that's annoying like DO SOMETHING DAMMIT"

and here is a little extra:
yeah just had to add this, because the remastered version by the black mages is epic! I can see Nobuo just digging in the piano xD i wish I could go to japan to see them preform

3:

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you"..the arcana is the means by which all is revealed.. Eternaty awaits you"

SHUT UP RYOGI, I GET IT!!!! YOU ARE THE DEATH ARCANA!

I only played this game recently, but I had it on my PSN for years, I just didn't had a good memory card with enough space to play it, but I finally did it ^^

2:

This one of the best remixes I heard from the classic game sonic 3 and knucles for genisis megadrive, but then again, these guys are very good in their remixes, love the guitar solo!
and here is an Extra from them that I love

1:
......what? Love this song, makes me cry and filed with DETERMINATION!! I don't have many words for this it is what it is, This game was well done, even if i have some people saying that they don't like toby fox, well, I like his work...is there something wrong with that? Well none the less This is my top fav boss theme, and here is an extra
and ofc I love this one too, so let's say it's a 2.5 place? because I love hopes and dreams way more

So what are your top 5? I realized, most of the songs I like and get me hyped have eletirc guitars xD

Last edited:

Cattigan619

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2017
Ireland
YouTube
Cattigan619
To name a few:
Metal Sonic/Big Arms from Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Dracula Duck from Ducktales Remastered
Boss Theme from TMNT Arcade
Mad Hatter Boss in Adventures of Batman & Robin(Sega Genesis)
Bowser boss theme from Super Mario Bros 3
Dance of Illusions(Dracula boss) in Castlevania Symphony of The Night
Regular Boss theme in Castlevania Chronicles
Guest Director Boss Battle theme in Shovel Knight.
Gray Fox(Cyborg Ninja) in Metal Gear Solid:Twin Snakes

Reactions: 502Gaming

502Gaming

Rising User
Dec 1, 2017
YouTube
Sephiroth FF7 and Lavos in Chrono Trigger are runners up for me with the best being

Dancing Mad- Kefka- Final Fantasy 6

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
Sephiroth FF7 and Lavos in Chrono Trigger are runners up for me with the best being

Dancing Mad- Kefka- Final Fantasy 6

I love the dancing mad "the black mages" cover
but boy Kefka was one tough basterd Q^Q[DOUBLEPOST=1512654840][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will always One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy 7
The best boss theme (personal opinion) (y) (Y)

I guess that will be for most gamers, such as I added that even for 5th place xD

Reactions: 502Gaming

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
This has been probably been done, but I still would like to know! I played games since I was 3 years old, so 25 years now, and the 1st songs we had back in the day were 8 or 16 bit, and when you listen to them again remastered...doesn't that make you feel a chill on you spine? it sure does for me!
Now tell me, what are your top fav boss themes?

5:

One song that was remastered by Nobuo Uematsu....and sorry this is a classic, from MIDI to freaking GUITTARS!!! Just have to add, and yes it's fith because i think there are more music that makes me HYPED and avange children battle compleat edition is even more hyped, if you havent seen it, I highly recomend it ♥

Final Fantasy 9 was my 1st in the franchise, and honestly is my fav in the series.
This song got me so hyped I fought Kuja over and over just to listen to it! Yeah i could just let the game on and hear it without fighting, but for me that's annoying like DO SOMETHING DAMMIT"

and here is a little extra:
yeah just had to add this, because the remastered version by the black mages is epic! I can see Nobuo just digging in the piano xD i wish I could go to japan to see them preform

3:

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you"..the arcana is the means by which all is revealed.. Eternaty awaits you"

SHUT UP RYOGI, I GET IT!!!! YOU ARE THE DEATH ARCANA!

I only played this game recently, but I had it on my PSN for years, I just didn't had a good memory card with enough space to play it, but I finally did it ^^

2:

This one of the best remixes I heard from the classic game sonic 3 and knucles for genisis megadrive, but then again, these guys are very good in their remixes, love the guitar solo!
and here is an Extra from them that I love

1:
......what? Love this song, makes me cry and filed with DETERMINATION!! I don't have many words for this it is what it is, This game was well done, even if i have some people saying that they don't like toby fox, well, I like his work...is there something wrong with that? Well none the less This is my top fav boss theme, and here is an extra
and ofc I love this one too, so let's say it's a 2.5 place? because I love hopes and dreams way more

So what are your top 5? I realized, most of the songs I like and get me hyped have eletirc guitars xD
I only have one wich is find truly amazing wich is The Striking Tree (Extreme) from Final Fantasy XIV. I can listen to that track all day long ^^

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
I only have one wich is find truly amazing wich is The Striking Tree (Extreme) from Final Fantasy XIV. I can listen to that track all day long ^^

uh, the online one!
I played the 11th one, I was a cat girl (ofc)
if I feel like it I might play the 14thy one, since now I have decent PC[DOUBLEPOST=1512738254][/DOUBLEPOST]
undertales enboss of course, asriel dreemuuurrrr

THE MIGHTY GOD OF HYPERDEATH!!! ALL YOUR SOULS ARE MINE MWUAHAHAHAHAHA xp

Reactions: riganthor

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
uh, the online one!
I played the 11th one, I was a cat girl (ofc)
if I feel like it I might play the 14thy one, since now I have decent PC[DOUBLEPOST=1512738254][/DOUBLEPOST]

THE MIGHTY GOD OF HYPERDEATH!!! ALL YOUR SOULS ARE MINE MWUAHAHAHAHAHA xp
Yea! Started when it released in 2013 and still play it a lot. Started as Mi'Quote (Cat) and with Heavensward expansion switched to Au-Ra wich i still am ^^

C

Corpfox

Not into boss themes but this was most epic when I played this game.