Tips & Tricks What equipment should i get Mic,Chromakey,ECT

Matthew Dumlao

New User
Apr 28, 2016
YouTube
Ive been wondering what equipment I should get for my youtube channel.What is important. Audio,Greenscreen,Webcam,Or something else?

Zexus

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2014
www.youtube.com
YouTube
A big determining factor is how much are you willing to spend? If you're budget is small then you want to get a blue snowball mic. The blue snowball is good quality for a cheap price. Next if you want a green screen, the cheapest way would be to buy a big green table cloth and hang it behind you. You can get a table cloth like this for $5-$10.

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
It also depends on how much effort you are willing to spend on the setup. You could get a USB mic and be done with it, or you can go out and look at audiophile forums and try to understand which XLR mic and DAC would best suit you.
Webcams are quite a simple matter. If you want to do a face cam in the corner of your screen, you can probably get away with using a sub-720 quality one. Otherwise you might want to look into a 1080 camera. Logitech has a pretty good range of affordable HD webcams.
Of course, if you aren't good at editing, or don't know how to check audio levels and sweeten, etc. all of the equipment in the world won't help you. If you search the rest of the discussion forums I'm sure you'll find a thread that can help you.

Bung Bigthing

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I use cheap $9 Mic and my smartphone camera..
and use $3 - 5 watt LED usb lighting and hair gel.. hahahaha
You may want to try this to alternative solution your webcam

this video is in Indonesian Language but I add English subtitles..

Last edited: