What do people use to make their content?

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Hello, I'm just curious on what other people have and use to make their content, have a PC? did you make it yourself, have a laptop, have you customised it at all? any camera / phone / mic's? e.t.c. It doesn't matter if its terrible, as long as it does what its intended to :)

you can see mine here:
http://www.devj.uk/equipment

dom.explores

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2017
Canada
YouTube
Here's a list I just compiled all for you ;)
I figured i'd give you what I use for everything, so video production, pictures, etc.

Physical Equpment
  • Gopro hero 5
  • Canon EOS60D
  • Gorilla Pop
Software
  • Sony Vegas Pro 14
  • Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Open Broadcast Software

Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
For recording software, I use OBS and record directly from my PC. I edit my videos using VEGAS Movie Studio 13 (Platinum). My audio is captured through my Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 60p headset.

I definitely will be upgrading my equipment in the future though! I'm ordering a Blue Yeti with a boom arm and pop filter soon to increase sound quality.

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
I have a PC that I built myself, I have a laptop that I use for various different things like editing and uploading while I'm using my desktop. I have a Blue Snowball ICE for my mic and some headset that I can't remember the name of.
For software I record with Mrillis Action, editing with AVS video editor, I also use Steam and Origin for my games.

CalebKitt

Graphic Designer
Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Well, most of my stuff is software but here we go.

-Equipment-

I use my custom PC that I build around a year ago. Currently, it is running an i7-4790k and GTX 1080.
I additionally just picked up a Rode NT1 mic and a Yamaha MG10XU Mixer.

-Software-

I use too many to count but the main stuff is Photoshop, OBS, Shadowplay, Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere pro, and Audacity for voiceovers.

Marcus Walker

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2014
Canada
YouTube
Editing:
-Apple Macbook Pro 13 Inch
-Final Cut Pro X

Recording:
-Canon t5i
-Gorilla Pod
-Steady gimbal (Coming soon)
-GoPro Hero 4
So much more to come in the future, like a drone etc. So excited for new equipment :D What do you use?

CookieCanible

New User
Freedom! Member
Mar 23, 2017
I have a Custom PC with a GTX750ti which is not that great :( My mic is the Neewer BM-800 Its a good buget mic and thats about it without going too much into detail

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Here's a list I just compiled all for you ;)
I figured i'd give you what I use for everything, so video production, pictures, etc.

Physical Equpment
  • Gopro hero 5
  • Canon EOS60D
  • Gorilla Pop
Software
  • Sony Vegas Pro 14
  • Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Open Broadcast Software

For recording software, I use OBS and record directly from my PC. I edit my videos using VEGAS Movie Studio 13 (Platinum). My audio is captured through my Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 60p headset.

I definitely will be upgrading my equipment in the future though! I'm ordering a Blue Yeti with a boom arm and pop filter soon to increase sound quality.

I have a PC that I built myself, I have a laptop that I use for various different things like editing and uploading while I'm using my desktop. I have a Blue Snowball ICE for my mic and some headset that I can't remember the name of.
For software I record with Mrillis Action, editing with AVS video editor, I also use Steam and Origin for my games.

Well, most of my stuff is software but here we go.

-Equipment-

I use my custom PC that I build around a year ago. Currently, it is running an i7-4790k and GTX 1080.
I additionally just picked up a Rode NT1 mic and a Yamaha MG10XU Mixer.

-Software-

I use too many to count but the main stuff is Photoshop, OBS, Shadowplay, Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere pro, and Audacity for voiceovers.

Editing:
-Apple Macbook Pro 13 Inch
-Final Cut Pro X

Recording:
-Canon t5i
-Gorilla Pod
-Steady gimbal (Coming soon)
-GoPro Hero 4
So much more to come in the future, like a drone etc. So excited for new equipment :D What do you use?

I have a Custom PC with a GTX750ti which is not that great :( My mic is the Neewer BM-800 Its a good buget mic and thats about it without going too much into detail

Nice people, nice. I to use OBS sometimes but I mainly use Plays.tv (shadowplay for AMD more or less). @CalebKitt you've got a nice setup :) wish I had that much money to spend on one lol. @dom.explores & @Marcus Walker you've some nice stuff too. @LtGeneralStore Gaming & @Trippst3r I'm curious on the CPU, RAM & GPU your systems :). @CookieCanible that's okay :) the GTX750ti is a very popular card and is still pretty good for light gaming. you've all got better mic's than me :)

Once again what I have is linked on the main post, I may update it soon to have misc stuff like, phone & headset later today too.​

Reactions: Trippst3r

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore

Nice people, nice. I to use OBS sometimes but I mainly use Plays.tv (shadowplay for AMD more or less). @CalebKitt you've got a nice setup :) wish I had that much money to spend on one lol. @dom.explores & @Marcus Walker you've some nice stuff too. @LtGeneralStore Gaming & @Trippst3r I'm curious on the CPU, RAM & GPU your systems :). @CookieCanible that's okay :) the GTX750ti is a very popular card and is still pretty good for light gaming. you've all got better mic's than me :)

Once again what I have is linked on the main post, I may update it soon to have misc stuff like, phone & headset later today too.​

I currently have an i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, and a GTX 1070. My plan is to upgrade one part per year, last year I got the 1070 and this year I want to get a new CPU but I'm not sure what to get yet.

Reactions: Jonathan

DashDawgD

Rising User
Mar 22, 2017
YouTube
Currently I record on my laptop. I use OBS to record and use Videopad to edit. I also use my headset mic for audio which is a Logitech G430 headset. This isn't the best software and I will be upgrading in the future, but it works for now.

Techno Creeper

Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2017
Earth
youtube.com
YouTube
realMrTechno
My PC specs:
i7-6700(notice there is no k)
NVidia GeForce GT 730
8GB of DDR4 RAM(probably 2133mHz)
1TB HDD

I am going to upgrade the graphics card to a GTX 1070.

My other physical hardware:
A Floureon BM-800 microphone
A Neewer Phantom Power supply for my microphone
JVC HA-NC260 headphones
Some old DYNEX small TV as a monitor(still works fine!)
Keyboard and mouse comes with the PC, no RGB.
Neewer Scissor stand for my microphone

My Software:
OBS for recording
Sony Vegas Pro 14 for editing
Adobe Photoshop for making thumbnails.
Microsoft Edge for browsing the Internet.[DOUBLEPOST=1490530970][/DOUBLEPOST]
I currently have an i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, and a GTX 1070. My plan is to upgrade one part per year, last year I got the 1070 and this year I want to get a new CPU but I'm not sure what to get yet.
Well if you need a new CPU you also need a new motherboard as the chipset is different. Recommend going for the i5-7600 but if you have a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 PC go for a i5-6600 as Microsoft made the Ryzen and Kaby Lake CPUs unavailable for Windows 7 and 8.1

Reactions: Jonathan

Jonathan

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
My PC specs:
i7-6700(notice there is no k)
NVidia GeForce GT 730
8GB of DDR4 RAM(probably 2133mHz)
1TB HDD

I am going to upgrade the graphics card to a GTX 1070.

My other physical hardware:
A Floureon BM-800 microphone
A Neewer Phantom Power supply for my microphone
JVC HA-NC260 headphones
Some old DYNEX small TV as a monitor(still works fine!)
Keyboard and mouse comes with the PC, no RGB.
Neewer Scissor stand for my microphone

My Software:
OBS for recording
Sony Vegas Pro 14 for editing
Adobe Photoshop for making thumbnails.
Microsoft Edge for browsing the Internet.[DOUBLEPOST=1490530970][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well if you need a new CPU you also need a new motherboard as the chipset is different. Recommend going for the i5-7600 but if you have a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 PC go for a i5-6600 as Microsoft made the Ryzen and Kaby Lake CPUs unavailable for Windows 7 and 8.1

Nice system :) obviously the graphics is the bottleneck and you already plan to upgrade it.
I use, Audacity, FL Studios, and After Effects.

What computer do you have then?​

Prandall

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 27, 2015
YouTube
Hello, I'm just curious on what other people have and use to make their content, have a PC? did you make it yourself, have a laptop, have you customised it at all? any camera / phone / mic's? e.t.c. It doesn't matter if its terrible, as long as it does what its intended to :)

you can see mine here:
http://www.devj.uk/equipment

I have an old outdated iMac that I'm looking to replace soon.
Editing software, I use Screenflow. I also use it to record PC/Mac gameplay videos
Cameras: Canon T2i, a knockoff GoPro
Microphones: I use a Blue Snowball currently, but just ordered a Rode NT-USB that I'm really excited to start using

Purpleoak

Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Alabama
YouTube
willie_nutter
To capture my gameplay's I use the ElgatoHD 60.
To Edit I use Adobe Premier & for the Thumbnails I use Adobe Photoshop.
Now the laptop I have is an Asus gaming laptop...I can't remember the exact specs, but it wasn't cheap lol