What are your goals for You-Tube in 2016?

StealthyWolf52

The WolfArmy will rise!
Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2014
YouTube
Mine are in my signature :) but what are your's? It can be quality or quantity, things I didn't mention were (but not limited to) A new outro, new intro, new banner, and better thumbnails :D (also, maybe new channel trailer in future, but I am happy with it for now.)

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Mine are in my signature :) but what are your's? It can be quality or quantity, things I didn't mention were (but not limited to) A new outro, new intro, new banner, and better thumbnails :D (also, maybe new channel trailer in future, but I am happy with it for now.)
50k subs 25mill views and to be able to cut my current job to part time

Reactions: StealthyWolf52

PolaroidMusic_

New User
Jan 1, 2016
Canada
YouTube
100K subs :) who would love to listen my music :) approx 1M monthly views :) [Media link removed by a moderator; please refer to Forum Rules (Section I: Forum Advertising!)]

Last edited by a moderator:

FRESH Network

Rising User
Oct 19, 2014
freshnetwork.tk
YouTube
Our goal for 2016 as a Network is to provide as many users as possible the ability to grow on YouTube - not just the talent within our network, but the whole Freedom! Family.

This is why we have setup a unique email for the Freedom! Family in which anyone can use to ask for community support at any time - this includes, tips, tricks and best practices on how you can do better on YouTube and achieve your goals.

If anyone would like to speak to our community team for some community support or just a little chat, we are just an email away at: [email protected]

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't like to set goals that are restricted by a timeframe. I like to set a goal, meet it, then continue to the next one regardless of the time that it took to get there. Let me explain.

We are in 2016, cool, whatever. Let's say I wanted my channel to hit 10,000 subscribers by the end of the year. It's an achievement and takes work, again cool, whatever. With my goals, I don't want something that quantifies static success, that is what a subscriber number is. With my goals, I want something that quantifies dynamic success in a way that shows "this is the way my channel is, and will continue to always be".

Static success would be where I hit a certain subscriber number or certain total view or watch minute count. While these are most certainly milestones, anyone can hit them using a widely variable amount of time.

Continuous success is not measured by a specific number that happened at a specific moment. It happens all the time. Continuous success would be getting 10 views per hour in the realtime menu. This means that your channel is popular at all hours of the day, all the time. Rather than a single video or an upload lurching your view count forward.

Wow, I like that concept. Off to the text document writer thing to make a video about it.
AWAAAAAAAYYY!

StealthyWolf52

The WolfArmy will rise!
Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2014
YouTube
Getting atleast 100 subs
Good luck, 100 is an amazing number to hit :)
Our goal for 2016 as a Network is to provide as many users as possible the ability to grow on YouTube - not just the talent within our network, but the whole Freedom! Family.

This is why we have setup a unique email for the Freedom! Family in which anyone can use to ask for community support at any time - this includes, tips, tricks and best practices on how you can do better on YouTube and achieve your goals.

If anyone would like to speak to our community team for some community support or just a little chat, we are just an email away at: [email protected]
Hopefully you can do that as a team and good luck to all of you and everyone that is associated with you :)
I don't like to set goals that are restricted by a timeframe. I like to set a goal, meet it, then continue to the next one regardless of the time that it took to get there. Let me explain.

We are in 2016, cool, whatever. Let's say I wanted my channel to hit 10,000 subscribers by the end of the year. It's an achievement and takes work, again cool, whatever. With my goals, I don't want something that quantifies static success, that is what a subscriber number is. With my goals, I want something that quantifies dynamic success in a way that shows "this is the way my channel is, and will continue to always be".

Static success would be where I hit a certain subscriber number or certain total view or watch minute count. While these are most certainly milestones, anyone can hit them using a widely variable amount of time.

Continuous success is not measured by a specific number that happened at a specific moment. It happens all the time. Continuous success would be getting 10 views per hour in the realtime menu. This means that your channel is popular at all hours of the day, all the time. Rather than a single video or an upload lurching your view count forward.

Wow, I like that concept. Off to the text document writer thing to make a video about it.
AWAAAAAAAYYY!
Interesting point, I'd hae to agree solid numbers are not exactly healthy as goals, but that is why I have things like watch time (which is where I really find it matters), as it is what really matters, things I didn't really mention was how I wanted to have a more consistant comment section with actual conversations and such.
Hoping to reach 500 subs and aiming to improve my channel. There is always room for improvement :)
Good luck :) I hope to get to that number too!
As I keep saying in similar threads. Just to beat 2015.
Always :)
I think trying to be steady on my channel is goal number one for me because of graduation and stuff I don't want my channel to get compromised by that because it can be very consuming.
Hopefully you can balance it all out :) good luck!
Hoping 500+ subs if I keep grinding it out maybe.
hmm, grinding is a word I wouldn't use, but still, good luck :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Good luck, 100 is an amazing number to hit :)

Hopefully you can do that as a team and good luck to all of you and everyone that is associated with you :)

Interesting point, I'd hae to agree solid numbers are not exactly healthy as goals, but that is why I have things like watch time (which is where I really find it matters), as it is what really matters, things I didn't really mention was how I wanted to have a more consistant comment section with actual conversations and such.

Good luck :) I hope to get to that number too!

Always :)

Hopefully you can balance it all out :) good luck!

hmm, grinding is a word I wouldn't use, but still, good luck :)
Best of luck to you too mate :D
That we may succeed!

ScotiBot

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2015
Yeovil
YouTube
I'm not sure what I could state as my goal for the year seeing as I only started my youtubery in September but id like to have 100 subs and I guess 100k views before 2017 comes around

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Like in my banner down there, 100 subs, and 2.5K views. I stopped making videos that's why it didn't get any better. That is also one of my goals. Consistency. I should be able to manage my time for college and YouTube effectively without hurting the other one.