What am I paying for?

Play Owl

New User
Jun 14, 2017
YouTube
I'm sorry if this comes across as negative, but can someone please explain why I should stay with Freedom?

What am I paying for by being a member? And let's face it, this is a paid subscription. 40% of my revenue goes to Freedom, but what do I get in return?

Access to this forum? Okay... plenty of other forums out there that are free and more relevant to my channel.

What else am I getting that I should be making use of? I genuinely don't know.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I'm sorry if this comes across as negative, but can someone please explain why I should stay with Freedom?

What am I paying for by being a member? And let's face it, this is a paid subscription. 40% of my revenue goes to Freedom, but what do I get in return?

Access to this forum? Okay... plenty of other forums out there that are free and more relevant to my channel.

What else am I getting that I should be making use of? I genuinely don't know.
Firstly, you don't lose 40% but make 5% more when in Freedom! compared to being in no network.
Secondly, you get music deals, sponsorships and a ton more stuff you can see in your Freedom! Dashboard:

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Well, you get a lot of resources for Free which would normally cost you a lot to use, as well as some useful resources to help you improve your channel. Just running down some of them (All of which can be found on the dashboard):

Freedom Academy
Its defiantly worth the time and has a great amount of content on it to help you promote your channel the best way possible.

Position Music / Epidemic Sound / Audio Micro
Free (some have a limit of use) music which is copyright free that you can use in your videos.

Epoxy
A very useful platform which allows you to post on interact with your community in 1 place. It makes announcements & stuff a lot easier.

You get the idea.

There is also free assets made by Freedom & by its community members (such as myself).

GFX / Music / Gameplay / e.t.c
The GFX Team page has a whole bunch of free to use assets and the Forums C.R.I.B has a load made by people like me.

So there is a lot to have, plus the 60/40 share can be changed to a better cut as your channel grows. so 70/30, 80/20, 90/10 e.t.c

Play Owl

New User
Jun 14, 2017
YouTube
Firstly, you don't lose 40% but make 5% more when in Freedom! compared to being in no network.
Secondly, you get music deals, sponsorships and a ton more stuff you can see in your Freedom! Dashboard:

Another thing I've noticed is that whenever a question is posted, the person to respond has so few subscribers to their channel. That doesn't breed any confidence in freedom for me.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Another thing I've noticed is that whenever a question is posted, the person to respond has so few subscribers to their channel. That doesn't breed any confidence in freedom for me.

My channel has only been around for about 6 months, I don't post in and frequency & only do it as a hobby, there are several people within the Freedom family who have got over 100K with several more within the 10K+. Those people don't hand around the community forums though.​

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I haven't personally uploaded to my channel for a while though does that stop me from helping people out on the Forums?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello Play Owl

Sorry to hear that you feel that the Freedom partnership isn't the best deal for your money. As previously mentioned it isn't like you are loosing money by partnering with Freedom instead you are actually gaining 5% more than you would if you were not with a partnership, further to this one of the main big things is not having to wait for a payment threshold - if you were to go alone you wouldn't be paid until you hit $100 whereas with Freedom you get paid any amount you earn.

Further to this Freedom offers its members loads of sponsorship, as noted by LW001 above, including varies music libraries, free to use content, game giveaways, monthly competitions (on the forums) and others to name just a few, Don't think that the forums are the only thing on offer - as noted this is a free forum, and available for both Freedom partners and non partners alike, who know's who you might bump into?

At the end of the day the choice of whether or not to be partnered with Freedom is yours to make, if you don't like it or feel like something else is better suited then you can always leave, if you wanted. Likewise if you think of something that you would like to see in the network and think this would be a big benefit to your channel, and others like yours then you can always reach out and offer this as a potential future sponsorship / investment - George has always said he's open for users suggestions.

Lastly I find your comment of 'Another thing I've noticed is that whenever a question is posted, the person to respond has so few subscribers to their channel. That doesn't breed any confidence in freedom for me' a bit disconcerting. Your basically saying oh someone answered a query available on a public forum but because they don't have many subscribers that's worrying. Not everyone grows at the same rate as others, and people such as myself only do YouTube as a hobby and that's all I see it as - I don't put as many hours into it as I should but I would never let that stop me helping others in need - for example I've stayed up three / four hours longer in some nights to help out with complex issues or questions on the forums, just knowing I helped is good enough for me. Also just because people may have smaller channels doesn't mean that there answers will be any less valid or correct, as long as they are providing correct answers and helping out then why should a subscriber number matter?

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
[QUOTE="

Freedom Academy
Its defiantly worth the time and has a great amount of content on it to help you promote your channel the best way possible.​

[/QUOTE]

I can't even use Freedom Academy , it will not let me use it.