YouTube Webcam or Not?

DogMan Dan

Gamer/Content Creator
Freedom! Member
It is very subjective to yo personally. I in general do not use a web cam. I have on occasion posted a few vlogs from my cell phone but 99% of my videos do not have a webcam. Your content will speak for itself if it is good quality, if you are new to YT your personality will take time to show through your video creations as well.

Flawstreak

New User
Jun 15, 2017
UK
YouTube
Personally, I prefer videos without a facecam as I enjoy the personality of the person and the content they upload - I don't care for what they look like.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
It really comes down to personal feelings, admittedly, there are pro's/con's when it comes to making videos with web cam, you should ask this kind of a question from your YouTube subscribers to gather the better understanding/knowledge about what kind of videos does your subscribers want, and, how they should be, and, it really comes to personal preference, I for one, don't like the whole idea for having a webcam, I want to stay behind the scenes, although there are things that could change that.

KuyasKorner

Rising User
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
Are you comfortable with it? Is it a hassle to include a webcam or not? You should ask yourself questions like these to figure out whether or not you should have it or not.

I personally prefer webcam when I record because I want to see my facial reactions. I've been known not to smile a lot, though I'm a very friendly person, so this helps me work on showing my emotions.

I guess you can ask, do you have a reason to use a webcam? I hope this made sense hahaha

Purpleoak

Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Alabama
YouTube
willie_nutter
I just started using a camera back in March and people seem to enjoy my reactions and all that good stuff. I would just experiment and see what you really prefer to do yourself

Cattigan619

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2017
Ireland
YouTube
Cattigan619
All up to yourself, I don't really use a webcam, cos i don't feel like showing my face sometimes,maybe if i was doing something like an announcement or an update video, plus not sure how good my laptop is to record both.

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Using a webcam can help connect viewers and engage them, especially since it gives a face to the voice of the streamer/youtuber, especially where most people don't use facecams and are just disembodied voices on a speaker.