We are FKED in November...

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
i guess in 3 day from now i find out if i be making more or less

wow. lot of video from other youtuber got mute it. they didnt agree to TOS. LOL!!!

if you look at my recommend list. it just all main channel i do see. stuff i like for smaller channel is all gone. LOL!!!

Last edited:

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
We will get paid. I think the amount made will increase with YouTube Red.
Watch Time = Money made
I have quite a few YouTuber friends that are very excited for this feature! They have been waiting for it to come out for awhile now.
The longer the person watches your videos, the more you make. This should help smaller channels more.
I can't wait to get YouTube Red. It will help a ton of people make more because not a lot of viewers click on ad's.
You can read this to learn way more about YouTube Red.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6306276

I don't think anyone here was concerned about that. We are talking specifically about November when Youtube Red is FREE ... I will repeat FREE. Meaning there is no money to get paid from, because it's free.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I don't think anyone here was concerned about that. We are talking specifically about November when Youtube Red is FREE ... I will repeat FREE. Meaning there is no money to get paid from, because it's free.
I'm sure youtube will compensate creators... I would be pretty surprised if they didn't. ..
Plus... it's only the US who is eligible for this anyways

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Where have you heard there will be no compensation for the trial month? I'm sure Google has a few extra dollars in the bank to fund this trial, I don't think they would make the content creators be the ones to lose out. Then again they do take half our revenue each month so you never know :p

This is what I got from an email by socialblade.

"
Will I earn any revenue from viewers that opt in to a 1-month trial of YouTube Red?

Unfortunately you won't. You should plan to see a dip in earnings during the month of November as viewers sign up for trials. We expect that earnings in December will be higher-than-normal, however, as free trial users convert to paid YouTube Red users."

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
i want to add this. note: it is copy and paste. i didnt want post any link out side forum.
YouTube Red is here: Seven things to know about our new subscription service
Today in the U.S. we’re launching YouTube Red to give your fans a new way to enjoy YouTube, and creators an additional way to earn money from their videos. There's been some helpful guidance out there on how to think about YouTube Red but here are seven things we think every creator should know:
1. The YouTube you know and love is here to stay. Your fans can still enjoy your content on YouTube for free and you’ll get paid from the ad revenue generated, as always.

2. A new option for viewers. YouTube Red allows fans to watch videos uninterrupted without ads, save them offline and play in the background while still supporting creators through their membership fee. And as a special bonus - YouTube Red works with Google Play Music, so users who subscribe to one automatically get access to the other.
3. A new source of revenue. Starting today, with the launch of YouTube Red, our creator community will make as much or more money on YouTube than they would have without it. And on a per-user basis, a paying YouTube Red member will generate more money for creators than a typical ad-viewing, free user.

4. Let’s talk about free trials. Creators are the lifeblood of YouTube. So with Google Play Music subscribers instantly joining YouTube Red, we will pay a portion of the revenue we receive from these subscribers to our creators on day 1. Even with 30 day free trials, our creator community will make as much or more as they would have without YouTube Red.

5. Participating in YouTube Red doesn’t cost creators a thing. Whether or not you personally decide to pay for a YouTube Red membership, your videos can still be a part of YouTube Red and you’ll still be able to earn new revenue from your viewers’ membership fees.

6. Creators don’t need to do anything differently for YouTube Red. Some creators have asked whether they need to make longer videos to make money on YouTube Red. The most important factor is that your videos are engaging and people spend time watching them and sharing them with more people. In other words - we see plenty of short-form videos that get way more overall watch time than long-form videos because they’re more engaging and shareable.

7. Now your fans can enjoy your videos in more ways. With YouTube Red, your fans can engage with your content more. They can take your videos with them wherever they’re headed, whether or not they have an Internet connection. They can keep your videos playing in the background on their phones while answering text messages or looking up directions. We’re just getting started, but we think YouTube Red is going to be great for both you and your fans.

For more info, check out our Help Center for answers to specific questions. We’ll keep updating this page on an ongoing basis, so be sure to ask your question on a YouTube Help Forum.

MisterUltimate

Freedom! Member
4. Let’s talk about free trials. Creators are the lifeblood of YouTube. So with Google Play Music subscribers instantly joining YouTube Red, we will pay a portion of the revenue we receive from these subscribers to our creators on day 1. Even with 30 day free trials, our creator community will make as much or more as they would have without YouTube Red.

5. Participating in YouTube Red doesn’t cost creators a thing. Whether or not you personally decide to pay for a YouTube Red membership, your videos can still be a part of YouTube Red and you’ll still be able to earn new revenue from your viewers’ membership fees.

And that does come from YouTube Creators which is an official channel owned by YouTube, and not a third party, so that's directly from the horse's mouth.

Hopefully people will calm down about this now. To anyone who was panicked, it might be a good idea to note where you got the misinformation from and count that source as unreliable. Always wait for confirmation from an official channel.

Some YouTubers might have read what some were saying about not getting paid and not produce as much content as they would have during November, when the opposite is true and everyone should be trying to produce their best videos while everyone is on the trial to capitalize on a spike in paid views that don't require someone to click an ad.

Also, please note that Freedom! already agreed to the new terms, so all of our videos are included, so don't worry about being left out.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
And that does come from YouTube Creators which is an official channel owned by YouTube, and not a third party, so that's directly from the horse's mouth.

Hopefully people will calm down about this now. To anyone who was panicked, it might be a good idea to note where you got the misinformation from and count that source as unreliable. Always wait for confirmation from an official channel.

Some YouTubers might have read what some were saying about not getting paid and not produce as much content as they would have during November, when the opposite is true and everyone should be trying to produce their best videos while everyone is on the trial to capitalize on a spike in paid views that don't require someone to click an ad.

Also, please note that Freedom! already agreed to the new terms, so all of our videos are included, so don't worry about being left out.

Well, I don't think it really has anything to do with unreliability. It has more to do with the lack of communication on Googles part. On top of that, for all you know this decision could have been made due to all the panic. It was never mentioned until the day of release. So you don't actually know if prior information was inaccurate at the time.

Also, I find if one is going to assume things, it's better to assume the worst and prepare for it.

Kinda like when a storm is approaching but there is a possibility of it turning before it hits. You still take the precautions of preparing for the worst. I feel it wouldn't be very smart to just assume things will go well. Also waiting for confirmation on the day of would be stupid as well.

Last edited:

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
this why all us need get fact before jumping on train wreck. good thing i read thing when come to youtube. i seen this happen all time. you get group, some time troll will just tell you anything you want to hear. than people like me end up being right at the end :)

Reactions: MisterUltimate

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
this why all us need get fact before jumping on train wreck. good thing i read thing when come to youtube. i seen this happen all time. you get group, some time troll will just tell you anything you want to hear. than people like me end up being right at the end :)

There will always be someone who is right when the answer only has 2 possibilities. There will always be train wrecks when there are no actual answers. Has nothing to do with trolls, it has to do with lack of information.

MisterUltimate

Freedom! Member
So you don't actually know if prior information was inaccurate at the time.

That's a pretty good point actually. Still, in my opinion it's better to try to get an official answer because in my experience speculation is rarely accurate. That said, "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst," isn't a cliché for no reason, so I can see and respect your point of view.

All in all, now that we know how it works, it could turn out to be a good deal for us, so hears hoping. Not to worry, if it turns out bad, I have spare torches and pitchforks at the ready. ;)

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
That's a pretty good point actually. Still, in my opinion it's better to try to get an official answer because in my experience speculation is rarely accurate. That said, "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst," isn't a cliché for no reason, so I can see and respect your point of view.

All in all, now that we know how it works, it could turn out to be a good deal for us, so hears hoping. Not to worry, if it turns out bad, I have spare torches and pitchforks at the ready. ;)

Ya, I agree an official answer is always best. It's just to bad they decided to wait till release, to answer such an important question lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: AverageRageGamer

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
So youtube red is FREE TRIAL in November. There will be ZERO compensation to content creators for people using free trial.

Horrible freaking timing. Christmas.

What other ways do you make money? Any ideas? I depend on this to live. So I am FKED come payday for November.
Other ways to make money: Get a job.
I kinda...dissapointed about your message.
Yes, is obviously that Youtube Red is waay Capitalist..but hey...is not the end of the world, because if you like what you do (and I hope you do), you wouldn´t even care about Youtube Red, because you will compite with something that money can´t steal from you: Decition, Perseverance and faith...
Decitions and discussions are probably on a fail section if you don´t have those feelings while talking or taking a side or defending it, and I was forgetting about acceptance. Yes, is probably gonna happen and probably gonna be more harder to get views...¿so?...
It wasn´t a mortal virus, it wasn´t a civil war, it wasn´t a bad Government decition, you keep living, ¿right?
So if it wasn´t one of a SERIOUS problem...just get over it and keep fighting.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Yes, is obviously that Youtube Red is waay Capitalist..but hey...is not the end of the world, because if you like what you do (and I hope you do), you wouldn´t even care about Youtube Red, because you will compite with something that money can´t steal from you: Decition, Perseverance and faith...
Decitions and discussions are probably on a fail section if you don´t have those feelings while talking or taking a side or defending it, and I was forgetting about acceptance. Yes, is probably gonna happen and probably gonna be more harder to get views...¿so?...
It wasn´t a mortal virus, it wasn´t a civil war, it wasn´t a bad Government decition, you keep living, ¿right?

lol What on earth is with your negative attitude? Like holy crap.

Not really a fix to what would have been the problem genius. Anytime someone makes a comment like "Get a job" I always feel like they must be a real swell fellow in real life. Someone who I am sure I wouldn't want to be around. It's rude, uncalled for, and disrespectful.

Why should anyone care what you think? Your disappointed? Oh boo hoo .. poor thing.

Just because a person likes what they do, doesn't mean they can't have a problem with the way something works or in this case might have worked. Also .. what kind of an attitude is not caring? Of course you should freaking care because it IS something you enjoy. Are you saying if you enjoy your job, you shouldn't care if you don't get paid? Dumbest thing I ever heard.

If everyone had your pathetic attitude nothing would get done because they would just "get over it." Sorry, but if there is a problem that needs fixing, the solution isn't to just "get over it."

Just because it wasn't as serious as something else, doesn't mean it's any less of a problem.

Reactions: AverageRageGamer

MisterUltimate

Freedom! Member
Well, in fairness to me. I posted this here because I was worried and was hoping I could get more definitive answers. As I did, thank you guys for your help. I can breathe now.

Well, it's like 1SB2Gamer said, they did wait until the last minute to clarify. When you've hit the point where this is paying your bills, it's pretty important to find out what's happening. So no worries. It's a perfectly understandable reaction.