We are FKED in November...

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
So youtube red is FREE TRIAL in November. There will be ZERO compensation to content creators for people using free trial.

Horrible freaking timing. Christmas.

What other ways do you make money? Any ideas? I depend on this to live. So I am FKED come payday for November.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
you got 21k sub. you dont have $10? btw, you dont have to pay. you just need agree to TOS. Old TOS do not support the youtube red.
side note. all who have google play unlimited music. it already start for your group. far what i can see. it not what people have been saying. i think big job who put out ads to make money do not support youtube red and may have been lie to people.

Last edited:

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
you got 21k sub. you dont have $10? btw, you dont have to pay. you just need agree to TOS. Old TOS do not support the youtube red.
side note. all who have google play unlimited music. it already start for your group. far what i can see. it not what people have been saying. i think big job who put out ads to make money do not support youtube red and may have been lie to people.

Not really sure you understood the OP. He is talking about how Youtube Red is a free trial in November. That means anyone who decides to try it, will no longer be seeing ads, but also have not paid for that month. Which means there is no contribution to any of the channels they watch during that month.

So there is a big chance many may see a drop in their income from youtube in November.

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
Not really sure you understood the OP. He is talking about how Youtube Red is a free trial in November. That means anyone who decides to try it, will no longer be seeing ads, but also have not paid for that month. Which means there is no contribution to any of the channels they watch during that month.

So there is a big chance many may see a drop in their income from youtube in November.

Exactly.

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
Depending on your audience I'd advise looking into Patreon as its your best option currently assuming your viewers will roll with it. I see you do anywhere from 2-4 videos a day so looks like a good option.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
i think what he saying that free tryout is a limited time offer. he did not say it not going make you pay after November. it really up to person to deal with ads or pay for it. they just reminding people that free try out is not going be around forever...

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
i think what he saying that free tryout is a limited time offer. he did not say it not going make you pay after November. it really up to person to deal with ads or pay for it. they just reminding people that free try out is not going be around forever...

No .. that is not what he was saying. I am assuming English isn't your first language, because it is pretty clear what he is saying and you are misunderstanding it somewhere. I tried to explain it to you in my previous comment.

Reactions: AverageRageGamer

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
So youtube red is FREE TRIAL in November. There will be ZERO compensation to content creators for people using free trial.

Horrible freaking timing. Christmas.

What other ways do you make money? Any ideas? I depend on this to live. So I am FKED come payday for November.
I have part time job in the medical field, so I am good. And yeah, the Youtube Red will really affect people who have low view rate like me. Not to mention people are already using Ad Blocker..

Reactions: AverageRageGamer

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
My main concern is surviving the November month. We get paid for November in what, January? With everyone using a free trial (Or ad block), we could see a penniless month. No money, broke, no folding dollars, Nothing to fold, rub pennies together if you have them, save cash from the previous months.

I am curious to see how after that goes.

I'll admit, I am terrified. I can't imagine them doing something to damage content creators that bring traffic to their site. We are probably not seeing something... and are freaking out over nothing. But until that shows itself, i'm scared.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
well. if it true and i not going say it is. than all who dont have job going be hurtting. plus side note, AverageRageGame bring up a good point. i was thinking about that at work. if they give everyone 1 free month of no ads. where the money come from? it is odd they doing that right off the back. if i was running youtube. pay and free will always be for everyone plus not to give free month from the start. this is why i always hate ad block. after this go down, i wonder how many user still want to support adsblock after this

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
California
optimizegroupltd.com
YouTube
My main concern is surviving the November month. We get paid for November in what, January? With everyone using a free trial (Or ad block), we could see a penniless month. No money, broke, no folding dollars, Nothing to fold, rub pennies together if you have them, save cash from the previous months.

I am curious to see how after that goes.

I'll admit, I am terrified. I can't imagine them doing something to damage content creators that bring traffic to their site. We are probably not seeing something... and are freaking out over nothing. But until that shows itself, i'm scared.

Very few are likely to take advantage of the trial I think... and if they do I don't think anyone will stay with youtube red anyway as why pay for what is free with ads? I wouldn't pay extra for no ads on TV :p

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
So according to an email I got from Socialblade, there isn't anything we are overlooking and they do expect a dip in earnings for November. However, they said they also expect an increase in earning the following month.

Who knows how much of a dip it's going to be. Hopefully nothing too major.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
So according to an email I got from Socialblade, there isn't anything we are overlooking and they do expect a dip in earnings for November. However, they said they also expect an increase in earning the following month.

Who knows how much of a dip it's going to be. Hopefully nothing too major.
i hope so too. if people going end up paying $10. i am sure they going want cover there cost. for me. this dont hurt me in any way see i already pay for google play unlimited music. but it is lot for someone who dont have job.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Sucks for people who make a living off of it. Also really sucks since November/December are prime time months when it comes to generating revenue.

We'll all survive though. Bigger channels will take a short term hit. Small channels will keep chugging along as it's not going to effect us much anyway.

@Kan when are we going to be able to sign our channels up to the the red TOS?

I doubt he'll be answering. Kan isn't working with freedom anymore. He hasn't posted on the forums at all since leaving about 10 days ago.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Sucks for people who make a living off of it. Also really sucks since November/December are prime time months when it comes to generating revenue.

We'll all survive though. Bigger channels will take a short term hit. Small channels will keep chugging along as it's not going to effect us much anyway.

I doubt he'll be answering. Kan isn't working with freedom anymore. He hasn't posted on the forums at all since leaving about 10 days ago.
Wow... that's big news... what the heck...
Damn...

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
We will get paid. I think the amount made will increase with YouTube Red.
Watch Time = Money made
I have quite a few YouTuber friends that are very excited for this feature! They have been waiting for it to come out for awhile now.
The longer the person watches your videos, the more you make. This should help smaller channels more.
I can't wait to get YouTube Red. It will help a ton of people make more because not a lot of viewers click on ad's.
You can read this to learn way more about YouTube Red.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6306276

Here is a long video about YouTube Red as well that explains a lot about it.

Last edited:

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

Where have you heard there will be no compensation for the trial month? I'm sure Google has a few extra dollars in the bank to fund this trial, I don't think they would make the content creators be the ones to lose out. Then again they do take half our revenue each month so you never know :p