VOTES FOR STORY GAMES!!!

Ferno the Knight

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 8, 2014
YouTube
FernotheKnight
I think it would be a great idea. It's always cool to give the viewers choices. Just be wary that you still play content that you enjoy and you don't let them run your channel for you. How do you plan on creating the viewer voting system?

Reactions: AFKPlays

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
I think it would be a great idea. It's always cool to give the viewers choices. Just be wary that you still play content that you enjoy and you don't let them run your channel for you. How do you plan on creating the viewer voting system?
Make a video on giving info to each game on the vote list and let them decide! :D Create the poll on twitter or strawpoll! :)

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Be careful about voter manipulation. I do something very similar letting viewers suggest and vote for games they want to see played next and very often it feels like something fishy happens that just isn't normal at all. It feels like on almost every poll something will jump out to an early lead and then on the last day of voting something will just come out of nowhere and win the poll even if it probably had no business winning in the first place.

I'm hoping this is a problem that will go away if my channel ever gets bigger but it definitely can be a real problem for us smaller channels.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Be careful about voter manipulation. I do something very similar letting viewers suggest and vote for games they want to see played next and very often it feels like something fishy happens that just isn't normal at all. It feels like on almost every poll something will jump out to an early lead and then on the last day of voting something will just come out of nowhere and win the poll even if it probably had no business winning in the first place.

I'm hoping this is a problem that will go away if my channel ever gets bigger but it definitely can be a real problem for us smaller channels.
That's why I use Strawpoll, it has duplication checking :)
Voting seems like an alright idea, but I would still make the final say one way or the other regardless of how the voting went. What kinds of story-based games have you played/do you enjoy? I might be able to recommend a few.
Indie all the way, mate! :)
na loja a fm17
Sorry?

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
That's why I use Strawpoll, it has duplication checking :)

I actually started out using strawpoll but I still had the same issues on that. Now I do my polls using youtube comments on an unlisted poll video. I'll make one comment for every game suggested and then whatever has the most thumbs ups wins.

It might not have helped necessarily but I guess I just like it better for some reason.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
I actually started out using strawpoll but I still had the same issues on that. Now I do my polls using youtube comments on an unlisted poll video. I'll make one comment for every game suggested and then whatever has the most thumbs ups wins.

It might not have helped necessarily but I guess I just like it better for some reason.
Ahhhh I see :D