RockieGO

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego
I had a video that was a HIT and now it only has 63 views and over 100 likes. I looked around and must of the other videos was dropped to 63 views. I spoke to Youtube people and they said that's normal and they can do this when views are at a less second point, they do not count that as a View. So now, I have high likes with low views, and that could hurt your youtube channel.

Anyone else sees this or has this done to? I am a ex-Freedom Partner and have to wait till 10k to come back.
but with Youtube removing Views, that will be a hard thing to do.

HELP LOST !!

Edit: they said it was from the forums, people going to the video clicking like and leaving. So does this mean, sites like this are evil for hosting a promotion page?

And would Youtube, ban or stop this in the future? thinking they paid for the views and likes?

I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT OR ANY OF THAT. DO NOT WANT YOUTUBE THINKING THIS. HERE AFTER I WILL NOT BE POSTING LINKS HERE.

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm surprised you didn't know that YouTube can removed views that they felt weren't genuine views, for example as you said people potentially leaving a like and then clicking off without letting the video play out. They do this really to stop people cheating the system and can be used in spam and fraud detection and prevention - for example if a channel had people click bombing their videos in order to drive up revenue that wouldn't be right would it.

I have seen it with my own videos and I'm sure many creators have as well it isn't necessarily YouTube taking views off the channel, its them making sure the views shown are a accurate reflection of the content. As for your second point I wouldn't say that sites are evil for having a promotion thread, as long as it is used properly - at the end of the day you don't have anyway of knowing where your 'accurate views' came from and whether or not the promotion thread really helped or not.

Typically YouTube wouldn't ban this type of thing as it regularly checks channels and updates views / etc ever so often, you only need to worry when you have a sudden influx of views (and I'm talking about way more than your used to) as this could then flag up to YouTube potential suspicious activity.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I'm surprised you didn't know that YouTube can removed views that they felt weren't genuine views, for example as you said people potentially leaving a like and then clicking off without letting the video play out. They do this really to stop people cheating the system and can be used in spam and fraud detection and prevention - for example if a channel had people click bombing their videos in order to drive up revenue that wouldn't be right would it.

I have seen it with my own videos and I'm sure many creators have as well it isn't necessarily YouTube taking views off the channel, its them making sure the views shown are a accurate reflection of the content. As for your second point I wouldn't say that sites are evil for having a promotion thread, as long as it is used properly - at the end of the day you don't have anyway of knowing where your 'accurate views' came from and whether or not the promotion thread really helped or not.

Typically YouTube wouldn't ban this type of thing as it regularly checks channels and updates views / etc ever so often, you only need to worry when you have a sudden influx of views (and I'm talking about way more than your used to) as this could then flag up to YouTube potential suspicious activity.
This sums it up. I have experienced the same where views are removed but as mentioned above if people click and don't watch for a certain time then it doesn't count.

Reactions: RockieGO

RockieGO

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego
Yeah, I am pulling all my links and hoping for the best. I have a lot of videos now with less the 63 views and 100 likes. seems odd.
But I understand what was said. but they need to adjust the time or something. I have not looked into how long a view count is, think it's like 30sec+ ..google time.

Just thought I warn new people about this. I know Youtube can do what every they want. its just hard seeing you video on forums and tweets my others and see your video go viral.. then BOOM your video sucks and you back to low viewing.

UGGG!!!!

C

Corpfox

68 views and 38 likes!? I barely get 5 likes with 50 views. Its weird that its happening on your recent videos.

Something something...

Drawyah

Respected User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
steamcommunity.com
YouTube
DrawyahYT
In the past week my channel has had 35,400 views with only 98 'responses' (likes + dislikes + comments). That's only a 0.28% responce, meaning you are WAYYYYY off course here!